Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

toyota corolla g6r

Options
  • 18-07-2006 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

ive just bought a red corolla g6r and am looking for some cheap 16inch white alloys,i have a set of 15's on it so does any one know of any place that wud swap my 15's plus cash for a set of 16's.

also any ideas on some cheap ways of increasing my bhp

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cjs

havent u heard, the cheapest way of increasing your bhp is to add stickers to your car, I think its bout 10bhp for a sunstrip nd bout 5bhp per sticker on the side of your car:D
    check them out [url]www.cheapandtacky.com:D[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

What exactly was the purpose of that reply? Seems pretty pointless to me. Anyway, your best bet would be to go round all the pro-parts type shops and see what they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cjs

bennyx_o wrote:
    What exactly was the purpose of that reply? Seems pretty pointless to me. Anyway, your best bet would be to go round all the pro-parts type shops and see what they have.

just as pointless as yours. anyone could tell him to go to a car modifying shop like you said i was jus havin a bit of a laugh so chill out

anyway if its performance your after dont go for big wheels 15's or 16's at the very most wit decent tyres. People seem to underestimate the difference an inch or two makes in wheels but i'd stick to a set of 15' lightweights if i were you.

Next step would be an induction kit (cost ya 30 or 40 yoyos) then de-cat and de-middlebox (cost ya nothing if ya know sumone that can weld) this should bring performance up by bout 6-7 bhp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Give carfit in clondalkin a bell for alloys, ask for Bryan and tell him Jonny sent you, as far as I know he will take in second hand wheels and give you a good price for a new set!!

Can't really increase the bhp of a g6r tbh mate!!

Carfit's number = 01 4591591

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

thanks for all your help lads
    ill try the stickers for more power and sure who knows they might help
    nice one good laugh

ill let ye know how i get on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Be careful with a decat, itll show on the nct (duh!) and the ECU for the corolla is designed to operate with a cat in place. As for an induction kit You'll need to mount it low, nice and close to the front grill, it'll need some extra piping for that, but its going to do no good sucking hot air from the top of the bay and even then dont expect much in the way of power, maybe a sweeter exhaust note.
    Like the man said, avoid big heavy alloys, why not take some white paint to your standard steels? A good way to get extra power is to get it chipped, but it will invalidate your insurance if you are in an accident and it is undeclared. (If you're young, in a G6 and you take a spill, they will likely check)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

you can't remap the g6r ecu to gain power IIRC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

any of you guys know where i might get my hands on a tte spoiler or similar for my corrola

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

get friendly with your local Toyota parts man. TTE spoilers are still available new AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TuneR

No offence man but on a 110bhp car you are not going to notice an extra 5hp IF those mods listed will even give you that and not sap the cars performance. Id be more inclined to leave it standard and save your money for something bigger when you get your age+NCB up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement