Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedensday,will it make 32c.(July)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

how can i access data from glasnevin weather station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see the UK has just recorded a July record of 36.3 in the Gatwick area.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Incredible things happening here.

1515z 24.3C
    1545z 25.3C
    1600z 26.3C
    1615z 28.3C

Now AWS is at 28.8C
    and rising still.
    Previous station record of 26.7C absolutely smashed.

And why, as EM suggested/predicted couple days back, late on wednesday we may loose the sea breeze. The wind veered from NE to SSW about 25 minutes ago.

Just hit 29C :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Calibos wrote:
    On a side note I have never seen so many hot women in skimpy shorts and tops with beautiful tans in one place. All those Spanish Italian and Eastern European honeys arriving and departing at the airport. Hot and bothered in more ways than one I was! :D People sat down on verges everywhere sunning themselves.
    One of the finest things about sunny weather. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Absolutely ridiculus here at the moment.

Its hotter now than it was at 1400 and 1500..

The temperatures soared to 27.5c and its 530:eek:

• Advertisement

AWS 29.2C Official temp may be a tiny bit lower, though probably only by 0.1 or 0.2C

Mothman wrote:
    AWS 29.2C Official temp may be a tiny bit lower, though probably only by 0.1 or 0.2C

wow thats impressive.

The sea breeze must of been switched off and as the wind direction
    changed to a southwesterly. Its the hottest of this hot spell here.
    Now at 27.4c here.

Mothman wrote:
    Incredible things happening here.

1515z 24.3C
    1545z 25.3C
    1600z 26.3C
    1615z 28.3C

Now AWS is at 28.8C
    and rising still.
    Previous station record of 26.7C absolutely smashed.

And why, as EM suggested/predicted couple days back, late on wednesday we may loose the sea breeze. The wind veered from NE to SSW about 25 minutes ago.

Just hit 29C :D:p

Meanwhile in the cloud 15 miles south of you we also have a 9 and a 20 in the temp...

20.9 and falling

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Insanly hot (by local standards here) , no wind at all, garden thermometer (shaded) reading 27C, windows closed curtains drawn, cooler that way inside with no air con!

What a fantastic summer we are having considering back in May it rained non stop and looked like being a cool crappy summer!
    I remember debates then on some UK forums about would 30C be reached this Summer in the Uk never mind Ireland!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Earthman wrote:
    Meanwhile in the cloud 15 miles south of you we also have a 9 and a 20 in the temp...

20.9 and falling

:eek:

That's almost as incredible as 29C here. What a difference in a few miles.

Now 28.0C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Stranorlar Max. 29.0 at 16:30

Starting to cloudover a little - present temp at 18:10 is 28

since I posted that,its rose to 22.7c thats a 2c rise in a half hour

It's rising here at the same time as its falling with you-also an amazing thing about weather.

It's completely cloudy here though with an extensive thick cloud bank to the south that looks like advancing rain.

Yup the 1800 radar shows showers now in over mid wexford which is dragging the temp down here and has totally shielded the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A,m a little dissapointed to see that the advancing rain has no fireworks at all that I can see.
    One would have thought with all the heat in the air that fireworks were a dead cert, would have been a great way to end the current heatwave (by Irish standards).

Its all about perspective, I was talking to a customer in UAE in work yesterday. I mentioned that we were having a very hot summer this year and he asked how hot was it, I said up to 27C in Dublin, he laughed and said thats Winter temperatures and that its 50C there currently.
    Thats just too fecking hot imho!! I said how do you cope with such heat, he recommend a cool bath as the best way to chill out :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

The rain is very close now,its spitting in the wind which has changed direction now to south southwest off the land.

The temp is still rising and is now 23.6c even though its dull with the advancing rain.

Longfield I thought I heard very high up low rumbles from this but am not sure.

I will be working in a noisy environment for the next few hours so I wont be reporting untill apré 10pm or so.

Official max of 28.9C
    The cloud that EM has been on about has moved up. Going to be a mild night with that blanket. Temp still above 24C

It's balmy out there.

Still 23.2c.

I dont ever remember it being this warm at 9 in the evening,you would swear you were in Athens or Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Earthman wrote:
    It's balmy out there.

Still 23.2c.

I dont ever remember it being this warm at 9 in the evening,you would swear you were in Athens or Rome.

ditto, the thermometer in my audi was reading 21c at 9.20pm a short while ago as I left work here in Bray

Earthman wrote:
    It's balmy out there.

Still 23.2c.

Same temp here (exactly) at 22.17

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Mothman wrote:
    Same temp here (exactly) at 22.17
    i make it 24 degrees in Northwood Santry....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just checked the temp. at 22:15 and it was 22.0

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

It's 22 here in Limerick , im sticking to everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm at 24.4 and rising in Baldoyle with a flash of lightning to my NE about 2 minutes ago!!!! Spain is often cooler then this at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Calibos wrote:
    ditto, the thermometer in my audi was reading 21c at 9.20pm a short while ago as I left work here in Bray

My car thermometer is now reading 23c at 10:45pm!!

I assume this is because of the cloud cover, ie clear skys heating the ground and air during the day and before the heat could radiate away into space with a clear sky, the clouds have rolled in and trapped it

somebody kill me its absolutely horrible..

It feels hotter than it felt during the day..

Im sweating while im typing:eek: :(

A few flashes of lighting and drops of rain..

I was out there recently its 24c as per my thermo..
    Thats just madness pure madness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

20.3c here now after a max of 30.5 sometime during the afternoon.

There is after been slight rain and the ground is damp - with steam rising.

Uuugh another awful night. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

lying in bed for past two hours and too warm to sleep ,might get drunk and go back to bed. any sign of dublin cooling soon?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we shud see a more comfortable 21c to 24c over the weekend before heading back towards 26c to 28c next week.

enjoy it while u can, im loving this weather its such a rarity to have a few days together with temperatures beyond 22C+ in this country.

Extremely mildnight in places.

at 05z, there are plenty 19C around the country.
    Casement and Finner were 20C at 04z.

These are very high overnight minima.

Cooler with me, with min of 15C. Temp on the way up now, currently 16.4C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I think yesterday in Dublin felt the hottest and this is confirmed to some extent by the maximum reading of 31.0 C at Casement. So Wed didnt quite reach 32C or any records but it was close to 32C.

It was a mild night. Dublin in recent nights has been cooling down to 13-15 C which gives some respite (and cools down all the buildings to some extent) but last night it didnt go down much below 20. It was 19C at 0500.

One point, in terms of heat people should also take into account humidity readings. At lower temps this is not a factor as the human body doesnt need to sweat/perspire to cool down, but at higher temps it plays a significant role. Isnt there some sort of measure called a Heat Index? Wind chilling effects is also a factor in terms of how hot it feels.

In terms of temps though, I am also of the opinion that buildings and pathways, surfaces that hold, absorb and heat the air up through convection also play a role. Casement may be a case in point as there have been a lot of developments out that way recently and an east wind would draft the hotter air over the meter. I think this is a factor at Gatwick's 36.3C record (for July) yesterday as well. Those miles and miles of black tarmac must be a factor and certainly contribute to higher air temps at the surface (0-10 m).

Redspider

Advertisement