Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedensday,will it make 32c.(July)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

It may be a couple of degrees cooler today than yesterday @ 25 c but the air feels so sticky you could stir it with a spoon, its feels hotter than yesterday imho.

Must have gotten about 30 mins sleep last night with the heat and was shattered all day today, tonight looks like being the same, though hopefully sheer exaustion will allow me some kip!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Longfield wrote:
    It may be a couple of degrees cooler today than yesterday @ 25 c but the air feels so sticky you could stir it with a spoon, its feels hotter than yesterday imho.

Must have gotten about 30 mins sleep last night with the heat and was shattered all day today, tonight looks like being the same, though hopefully sheer exaustion will allow me some kip!

Here`s your brother.
    Didnt get a wink sleep.21c at 1.45 this morning phew!!!.:eek:
    Hot alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Is hot and humid today.

Infact it feels hotter than yesterday early and Tuesday and Monday.

The heat really came with the humidity last nite!

Terribly warm in town today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm wrecked, my bedroom is currently 29C :( tbh, bring on a winter scandi high!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was in the mid-wesht this afternoon and its would be fair to say it was like living inside a heated duvet! Truly awful - the temps were'nt high (23-24 ish) I'd say, but I don't think I've ever experienced such humidity. When I got back down here it seemed positivly fresh by comparison.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

does anyone know when this horrible humidity will end ?
    i havn't experienced anything like it since Malayasia a few years ago, when we used to look up at the sky for days on end awaiting and praying for a thunderstorm. truly horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Received today the July copy of Monthly Weather Bulletin publishd by Met Eireann.
    Many stations recorded their highest maximum temperatures since August 1995 in the period between the 17th and 20th. Values of over 30C were measured at a number of stations on the 18th and 19th; the highest value, 32.3C, was recorded at Elphin, Co. Roscommon, on the 19th, the highest temperature in Ireland since 1976. The values of 29.9C and 31.0C at Belmullet and Casement Aerodrome respectively were the highest values for any month on record at these stations.

Some other maxes above 30C and date

Shannon 30.2 18
    Casement 31.0 19
    Ardfert Co. Kerry 31.0 18
    Kilkenny 30.2 18
    Birr 30.1 18
    Derrygreenagh 31.1 19
    Ardtarmon Co. Sligo 30.1 19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Thanks for the info MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah it seems so long ago! Not missing those temps for a second.

Mike.

Advertisement