Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse riding in dublin

Options
  • 19-07-2006 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

hey guys. was just wondering if there are any places that offer horse riding for a somewhat experienced rider. basically some equestrian riding for a day. if possible as close to dublin as can.
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

I see lots of riders out in the Phoenix Park on weekends, i'm not sure but I think it may be these guys.........
    Ashtown Riding Stables "Trail riding through the Phoenix Park"
    Navan Rd., Ashtown, Castleknock D15 Tel No 01 838 3807

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Are you looking for a ride out or lessons?.

Theres a few around Dublin. Carrickmines is quite close, they are good for lessons but they don`t really do hacking as other places would like Killegar which is out by Enniskerry. Brennanstown out beyound Bray is quite good for ride outs. They have very nice horses there. Calliaghnstown is a bit of a trek from Dublin they do very good hacks I hear. I haven`t been on one my self, I`ve had a lesson on a nice horse and found them to be very saftey concous to the point of insanity.

Your best bet is to ring up a few places and talk to them, tell them about your self.

Let us know what plave you go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

If you can get out to Rathcoole then Calliaghstown Riding Centre is great they go over Saggart hill and through the woods on a two hour hack.

The website is http://www.calliaghstownridingcentre.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement