Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Covers

Options
  • 19-07-2006 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

This question probably sounds very vague and amateurish, but I'm trying to find out what kind of work is done on actors and imagery on the covers of DVD's or movie posters. They never look like true photographs, is it just a lot of airbrushing ? The skin tones on the actors always seem to be a wee bit distorted/ovre sharpened?

It's always fascinated me as the same technique is often used in a lot of other work. I'll try dig out some examples of what I'm trying to show you, If anyone would have any links or tutorials or any reading material they can recommend, It would be much appreciated !

Cheers !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

standard photo manipulation in photoshop is used all the time..

great example is if you pop into xtra-vision and look at the case for "the matador". a gun has clearly been photoshopped into pierce brosnan's hand :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Shouldnt be too hard to pop in as I work there ... lol :P

It not even the addition or deduction of items, (Same can be said about the gun on Angelina Jolie's leg for the Mr&Mrs Smith advert campaign) Its just the colours and tones they come out with fascinate me, will have a look in work tomorrow to see if I can get some examples for ye ...

Advertisement