Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 roaming in the UK

• 19-07-2006 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been looking at the 3 website as regards roaming in the UK and it's kind of got me confused. On one hand they list the roaming charges for the UK (which are expensive) but then they also say:

"You can now make calls back home to Ireland and to numbers within UK & Northern Ireland using your inclusive minutes – or at your usual home rates if outside of your bundle. It’s just like using your mobile at home, as there are no charges for receiving calls when you're there."

From this it seems that you don't have to pay for incoming calls and that outgoing calls are taken from your bundle (up to 50% of your minutes). Has anyone roamed recently in the UK and looked at their bill?

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

dont mind the old roaming prices for the UK their obsolete
    the new ones (the ones that have preety much the same prices as here) are the ones that you get charged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

From my understaning say you have 200 minutes you can use 100 of them in NI / UK . Say you used 110 in the UK you would be charged the roaming rates for the 10 minutes that you went over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

I went over and used about 30 minutes calling Uk numbers and back home to Ireland and stayed within my €60 a month.

so basically yes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. You have put my mind at ease. What are your thoughts about your experiences with Three? So far their customer care (the Glasgow centre, not their India centre) have been supremely nice to me. They even rang me up (to Japan) to answer some questions.

Joe

Advertisement