Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 cats + 2 cats = frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Options
  • 19-07-2006 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Myself and the G/F (recent F (did ye see me ring!)) are moving in together ( me to her house, easier comute for me!!) but she has 2 cats, I have two cats.

We are looking foward being able to refill our pillows with cat fur on a regular basis, we may even farm it!

Seriously, anybody out there with PRACTICAL experiance, have read tonnes and watched a SKY documentary (I think it was called "when pussies bitch and lick") (very indepth, but little or nothing about felines!!!)

Her cats (which came from my house two .5 years ago) are /were mainly kept to the kitchen sitting room.

Wheras my two had free regin in my hous, with the result that the younger sleeps on my bed every night for as long as I'm in the bed! If I close the door on her it's crying all the way.

I knosw she'll (my f cat that is) will get used to not being on my bed, but how do we get the 4 cats to get on, I'm taking two weeks off work and see it as a time share effort, cats here, cats there, cats share, split, start again!

But if there is anybody tht has the same exp.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Have a look at Kitten Adoption's website - detailed 4 week guide on how to introduce a new cat :-)
    http://www.kittenadoption.ie/newCat.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

It can be difficult when strange Cats are brought together into the one house.

We have five and two of those are fairly recent additions (about 10 months) we got from my brother when he moved abroad.

The main problem we had was that our original 3 cats were not too happy and two of them were especially upset which unfortunately was displayed by pissing about in various places in the house to reinforce their sense of security and keep their smell prominent, and all our cats are neutered.

The smell is easily got rid of with a dilution of Milton.

The spraying happens very rarely now and only if there has been a squaring up for a row which usually involves two of them staring each other down but not coming in contact.

In the general relationship what has happened is the there are two pairs of friends and there is one odd cat who gets on with all of the other four.
    They have learned to live with each other and give each other space.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

Thanks for the posts will check out the Kitten Adoption site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Keating

Make sure you give it plenty of time. And don't force the issue with any of them. Make sure each pair are separeted from each other when you're out and over night until you can trust all four to be in the same room together! More time will have to be given to your two cos they have a new house to cope with as well as new cats - they should probably be put in a room on their own with peace and quiet for the first day or two. They might not all become bossom buddies but they should be able to get along ok together. If your fiancee's two are allowed out they should probably be kept in for a few days cos they could take offence to the two new cats and pack their bags and head off!! I have heard that you should rub one cat with a towel and then rub it on the other cat and back and forth so that you are transferring their scents to one another. Don't know if that works! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Did ye see me ring?? :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement