Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lemons surrounding a tree

Options
  • 19-07-2006 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Walking around the corner of my street today and there were two lemons, halved, and the four halves placed around a tree in a purposeful manner. It looked like the tree was recently planted, and it was about half metre high.

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten a clueless me as to why one would put lemons around it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Strange that it was today, it seems lemons are used in pagan rituals at the summer solstice, June 21st, gifts to mother earth and all that....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Just Google "Sacrificing of young virgin lemons" if you need more info;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I foresee more than four lemons surrounding this thread:D :D:D:D

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Maybe it is a smelly tree. Smellicus horibilus. Lemons do have a lovely aroma especially when warmed up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Maybe the tree was in the middle of making lemonade and when it saw you, thought it better act more tree-like and so dropped the lemons.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Actually I think it may be to stop dogs sniffing and peeing on the tree. Dogs don't like lemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

It's not quite the 21st yet...besides the lemons didn't look fresh.

Sleipnir, whilst loving the lemonade- making tree idea, I think your latter suggestion is more likely!

We all know dogs and some similar animals will have a sniff around every corner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Sleipnir wrote:
    Maybe the tree was in the middle of making lemonade and when it saw you, thought it better act more tree-like and so dropped the lemons.....

Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

It could have been a Gin and tonic tree? ;)
    I've used halfs of orange peel upside down to catch slugs. You make an opening and they go into the 'slug igloo' for shelter from the sun. Then all you have to do is chuck it out.

Advertisement