Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Kilkenny

• 19-07-2006 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I'm moving to Kilkenny in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone could provide any tips on could Gyms within the city.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fitzyfitzboobs

Kilkenny is compact enough so that no matter where you live you are not very far away from a gym. I think the best gyms are in the Ormonde, Hotel Kilkenny and maybe the newpark. Hotel Kilkenny has all the Kilkenny hurlers so that may or may not influence your decision! Prices are typical for gyms which are ranging around the €700 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm a member of the Ormonde. They're just after getting a load of new equipment (treadmills and bikes mostly). Free parking for 2 hrs in their multistory car park while you use the gym. Nice pool. Crap music 24/7 as with most gyms though.
    They've tons of treadmills (all new), about 6 exercise bikes (all new), 5 or 6 cross trainers, three rowing machines, a few of those weird exercise bikes that you can sit back in, and a couple of stairmasters. There's a "wave machine" too. Dunno wtf that is. They've a load of different weight machines and free weights too. Membership cost me €600 for the year on a special offer they had last year where you pay for the whole year up front. I think it costs about €800/year normally, paying month by month.

The Springhill hotel has a new gym too. Never used it but I've stuck my head in the door. Looks nice, with large plasma screens in there to keep you amused. Bit of a small place though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 clickclick

im a member in hotel kilkenny and its good. tthis might just be the weather at the mo talking but they have the coldest air conditioning!! prices arnt too dear either.

Advertisement