Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landscaping wexford

• 19-07-2006 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Anyone know someone to do basic work on my garden in wexford area. Its about 3/4acre and pretty level just need it rotivated and sowed - anyone got a rough idea of price - not going to do anything fancy with it yet.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dmck

check the list of companies/services sticky, might be something there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Gary Flood Landscaping, Clonroche, Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

on the quotes side:

hope you're sitting down...

I got a number of quotes for a 1acre site in Co Meath

- kill/remove current scrub grass
    - removal of some hardcore areas
    - leveling, rotavate
    - install drainage
    - seed, roll

(didnt include kerbing or plants)

I got quotes ranging from 4800 to 12000 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

i was afraid of that - landscaping seems to attract crazy prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Smiley101

kyote00 wrote:
    on the quotes side:

hope you're sitting down...

I got a number of quotes for a 1acre site in Co Meath

- kill/remove current scrub grass
    - removal of some hardcore areas
    - leveling, rotavate
    - install drainage
    - seed, roll

(didnt include kerbing or plants)

I got quotes ranging from 4800 to 12000 :eek:

Thats Meath though...think it might be more reasonable in Wexford. Ask around, neighbours etc. I bet there are plenty of people in your locality who would do this work.
    Check the local newspaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

It never fails to amuse me why people complanin about wide ranging quotes, if they do not for example check Landscapers's credentials before even inviting them to quote.

There are several reasons why quotes will vary but 100+% is unusual.
    On the otherhand if you're getting pitches from Nixer Bob, 1 Man-Shows, 3 Man Rarely Shows not to mention if they are registered, tax compliant (Quotes include/exclude VAT), etc etc.

You will also find some variance amongst Professional Landscapers and again for different reasons, capacity, deadlines, proximity to base or other project work, to even 'want to do a particular' project.

Your requirements seem fairly straightforward and if you look at www.alci.ie (Association of Landscape Contractors of Ireland) you can be assured all members ghave been professionally vetted, tax compliant, employer + public liability insurance in place etc etc.

Clients have a wider role besides take responsibility for selection & commissioning landscaping work.

Advertisement