Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parkwest Autopoint gone into receivership!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Im beginning to seriously consider murdering the poor piggy bank (swift blow to the head with a hammer)

I cant see the Maser fitting in in Kerry by the way !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

It would be worth what someone will pay, not what value I put on it.
    An 89 blue one , but i dont know the condition or service history (which is all important with a Ferrari) sold for 54500 a while back. Its the only one I know of that sold recently.
    Owners of ferraris tend to price them very high... and judging by the length of time they are on Carzone.ie I think they are priced too high!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

merlin car auctions are selling off the stock of parkwest autopoint next tues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

would the stock be really cheap or would it be normal prices.also last week the porsche was parked in the showroom.why was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Auction at 12noon today, anyone going? Bring back the tales of bargains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Anyone go/buy at the auction, were the prices cheap or normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Y'know I can't help thinking if dealers were't so obsessed with making profits on the trade cars as well as the new car they've just sold they might be better off. Let's face it they make an ok margin on the new car as well as the backhanders they get from the finance company (and yes you do boys I used to work for one!) when they finance it PLUS the extra they get for flogging payment protection AND extended warranties, Gap insurance extras, blah blah - why do they have to screw us on the trade in as well? Give a decent trade price and people might be a bit more loyal - I've bought my last three cars in the same dealer because they're close to where I live and got screwed every time on the trade in - but not the next time, I'm shopping around.
    I think the other problem is that even though there's a huge glut of secondhand motors on the market, and it SHOULD be a buyers market, it's not - dealers are still selling secondhand cars at vastly inflated prices (and you can't always blame VRT!) but now it looks like the tide is turning and buyers are voting with their wallets and any dealers who have been investing heavily in a bid to cash in on SSIA's (noticed how many dealers have refurbed their premises recently?) may find it has backfired on them. Plus if all this talk of abolishing VRT eventually materialises there will be an exodus of buyers to the UK as dealers over there realise they can now flog cars to the Paddies. It's looking grim.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

It's already happening, one of the UK's biggest car supermarkets Cargiant has setup an Irish site (www.cargiant.ie) with all the details and costs needed to import cars from them. The industry here is in deep trouble as it's only a matter of time before the motorists get up off their hole and mobilise to abolish VRT by making it an election issue. SIMI needs to accept it will go and make plans accordingly as the current cosy setup would only work in communist Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

When(if) VRT ever does go then your trade in will drop by a similar amount anyway so the capital that you require to trade up will still be the same !

They will have to drop VRT on a sliding scale, say 5%/annum otherwise there will be total chaos !

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

wont have tought there would be great value there , they kept banging on about it on saturday and send alot of faxes and emails. there was only 50 or so cars and say every tom dick and harry was there yesterday. i d say the bargains would have been the 06 vectra , 06 rio and the 05 fiesta and corsa as the big boys where after the mercs , boxsters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

MercMad wrote:
    When(if) VRT ever does go then your trade in will drop by a similar amount anyway so the capital that you require to trade up will still be the same !

They will have to drop VRT on a sliding scale, say 5%/annum otherwise there will be total chaos !

Actually, I don't think they would. You are in no worse a situation wrt to you trade-in than you were with VRT. It is only the guys who have no trade in who are in a better situation.

The value of your present car drops but you are in a better situation wrt any car you should buy for the rest of your life.

Advertisement