Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pinkladie

try goandpay.ie- pay cash in the post office for internet purchases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keel08

i dont think legalsounds and cdworld take laser

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

keel08 wrote: »
    i dont think legalsounds and cdworld take laser

CDworld.ie deffo do, I used Laser with them several times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Anyone know of any sites that sell vinyl and records that accept Laser? like Amazon or anything?

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/

I've used them a few times, they only haev new release vinyl usually though. I've heard of problems from times past with bad packaging but I've ordered an album and vinyl singles from them with no hassle, well packaged, arrived in a week .

Guys what's the word on CDWOW.ie these days ?

Are they reliable at all ? Some items on their site say "in stock , usually dispatches in 24 hrs" but how long for delivery and what if it doesn't have that note next to it ? How are they for refunds ?

I used my Laser card in HMV in Glasgow, Scotland and the transaction went through/

Has anyone tried using their Laser on HMV's site recently ? I wonder is the problem with the 3digit security code which most Laser cards don't have (AIB cards anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Does Ticketmaster accept laser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

http://shop.all-cityrecords.com/index.asp

they sell alot of records and graff stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

www.champion.ie take laser. sports store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Does Ticketmaster accept laser?
    Yep.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Dabs doesn't accept laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭voojeq

just little amendment to the first post sent...

dabs.ie DO NOT accept lasers...

just tried and they refused

wanted to buy a samsung r700 for 721 euros now i have to go to elara.ie and buy it for 799 :(

Big Thanks

Protocol7 wrote: »
    OK, I need to clear up this dabs.ie and maestro thing. I was about to order an external hd from them but decided to first check with their customer service team via the online chat.

I explained that I had an irish maestro card. When asked if it was a laser card, I said yes (as they are one in the same) and that the card had both laser and maestro logos. Was then told that these cards are not accepted. So then I asked what three digits should be entered if a card doesn't have a CVV2 (as is the case with these cards) and was told that because these cards don't have a CVV2 they are not accepted.

So, as some people here are using their maestro cards on dabs, the question is.... HOW? And what digits do you enter to fill the CVV2 field? And what bank issued your card (are AIB cards less compatible than others?)

My life would be so much easier if I could just order from dabs when I wanted with this maestro instead of having to hike out to the next town to get a 3V voucher every time...

was wondering about the same

i noticed that on elara.ie user is advised to use 000 when Lasering :]

• Advertisement

What is it that prevents some places from accepting Laser ? Cineworld don't much to my chagrin. Many of online crowds based in the UK accept Maestro but not laser. I was in Glasgow the other week and bought dvds in HMV with my Laser no problem. http://www.recordstore.co.uk accept laser. I just don't see the problem, I'm sure a million people have already asked this and there's probably some sh!t explanation that they get charged a fee or something .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

What is it that prevents some places from accepting Laser ? Cineworld don't much to my chagrin. Many of online crowds based in the UK accept Maestro but not laser. I was in Glasgow the other week and bought dvds in HMV with my Laser no problem. http://www.recordstore.co.uk accept laser. I just don't see the problem, I'm sure a million people have already asked this and there's probably some sh!t explanation that they get charged a fee or something .

It's just down to the payment processor (e.g. Realex, WorldPay, PayPal) and/or package that the company has gone with.

Some packages are more attractive e.g. accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex payments for 50 euro per month, 2.5% of charges (minimium 25 cent per transaction) while another might be something like: accept Visa Mastercard, Amex, Laser, once off setup fee of 250, monthly fee of 75, 150 free transactions per month, 10 cent + commission per transaction after that.

If you've already gone with one processor it can be hassle changing provider or even package and updating your site but it's obviously worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heatons take Laser too..

Dear Tomasz

Thank you for your email. We currently accept/do not accept the following payment cards:

WE ACCEPT:
    * Any MasterCard credit card
    * Any Visa credit or debit card - EXCEPT Visa Electron
    * Any Switch card

WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
    * Visa Electron
    * Diner's Club
    * JCB
    * Discover
    * American Express
    * Irish Laser

The reasons for non-acceptance of the above cards is normally due to these companies not offering 'UK etailer merchant services', which means it's not possible for us to accept them, rather than any deliberate rejection by us.

If you go ahead and place an order with us and for any reason your card isn't acceptable, don't worry, we'll inform you of this early on in the ordering/buying process.

Note that dabs.com prices are the same no matter which payment card you choose to use.

Regards,
    Andy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I was like "ooh dabs accept laser now", i guess not:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

For all your replica & Airsoft gun needs:

www.mainirishairsoft.com

They seem to take Laser!

voojeq wrote: »
    Dear Tomasz

Thank you for your email. We currently accept/do not accept the following payment cards:

WE ACCEPT:
    * Any Switch card

WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
    * Visa Electron
    * Diner's Club
    * JCB
    * Discover
    * American Express
    * Irish Laser

The reasons for non-acceptance of the above cards is normally due to these companies not offering 'UK etailer merchant services', which means it's not possible for us to accept them, rather than any deliberate rejection by us.

If you go ahead and place an order with us and for any reason your card isn't acceptable, don't worry, we'll inform you of this early on in the ordering/buying process.

Note that dabs.com prices are the same no matter which payment card you choose to use.

Regards,
    Andy
    It's just down to the payment processor (e.g. Realex, WorldPay, PayPal) and/or package that the company has gone with.

Some packages are more attractive e.g. accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex payments for 50 euro per month, 2.5% of charges (minimium 25 cent per transaction) while another might be something like: accept Visa Mastercard, Amex, Laser, once off setup fee of 250, monthly fee of 75, 150 free transactions per month, 10 cent + commission per transaction after that.

If you've already gone with one processor it can be hassle changing provider or even package and updating your site but it's obviously worth it.

Thanks for all the info guys. So it is a case of Laser not doing enough to get it accepted then ? Cause it's weird and a pain in the ass that I can use it in HMV in the UK to pay for stuff as they accept Maestro but you can't use it on their site of course. I emailed them but got a very standard reply that it's nothing to do with them. Although some shops accept maestro but when they out the transaction through on my Laser it jsut got rejected.

looks like they dont give a f* about irish customers

shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

WoodenToys.ie and SoftandCuddly.ie both accept Laser :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

just a quick question. Where is the security code on my laser card?

or does it have one?

or does it have one?
    Look on the signature strip at the back.. does it have 7 numbers (4 numbers together, then 3 together) on it? If so, use the last 3.

It doesn't have one typically.. but my girlfriend's BOI has one.. but my AIB one doesn't.

If it doesn't have one, don't enter one. But if the site you're ordering off requires one, use '000' or '999'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

yep they're there, although it is an AIB one so i dunno why i have one and you dont..

Thanks a million

or does it have one?

It doesn't have one and if you're being asked by a website for a security code then there's a good chance the site doesn't accept Laser/Maestro. Bank of Ireland cards used to have the 3digit code , but I'm not sure if they still do.

UK Maestro cards have the 3digit code I believe and of course many UK sites accept Maestro as payment.

basquille wrote: »
    If it doesn't have one, don't enter one. But if the site you're ordering off requires one, use '000' or '999'.

I don't think that works. I've tried it before on a couple of UK sites.
    Irish sites that accept Laser don't ask for the 3 digit code because they don't come with them. Although, I dont know what the story with the BoI cards is.

I don't think that works. I've tried it before on a couple of UK sites.
    Laser shouldn't typically work on UK sites. What sites were you using it on?

• Advertisement

I tried it on all the sites that said they accepted Maestro, and it never works. The one UK site that accepts Laser that I've found is http://www.recordstore.co.uk/

The gas thing is , that you can use your Laser in HMV in the UK but can't use it on their site. Not all UK shops can process Laser though. I tried to pay for something in "schuh" (is that how you spell it ?) , anyway, didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

It doesn't have one and if you're being asked by a website for a security code then there's a good chance the site doesn't accept Laser/Maestro. Bank of Ireland cards used to have the 3digit code , but I'm not sure if they still do.

UK Maestro cards have the 3digit code I believe and of course many UK sites accept Maestro as payment.

I got a bank of Ireland Laser just yesterday, and it had the security number on the back, 4 digit number followed by 3 digit number, the 3 digits being the security number if asked for one.

However i was under the impression, that the maestro on laser would not work on UK maestro sites. Whether the banks here are gearing up to be fully compatible or not, who knows, but i was under the impression that it would only work at a maestro point of sale, and not online or over the phone.

The problem has to do with the company the website uses for its transactions. That said, whoever's behind Laser could do a better job at promoting the card as we're getting a bit screwed over in my opinion. UK Maestro users can use their cards on all their sites, yet we're sort let out of the loop as it were.

Fashion - www.freemans.ie say they accept laser,
    At the checkout, you can pay for your goods in full immediately using the lasercard debit card, a credit card (Mastercard and Visa) or a pre-paid 3V voucher*

With the code WADP you get 10% off your first order, and with the code F4KP you will get free delivery on orders over 130 euro, Havent tried but could be a nice saving on the christmas clothes.

Also www.mysatnav.ie will accept laser payments by phone, but not on their site, they said fraud played an issue with them no longer supporting laser on their site..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭360ts

Anyone know of an actual online pharmacy that accepts laser? Natures Way is a herbal/alternative company, not really much use to me.

And do you have to sign up for an account with permanent TSB to use the 3V card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

A few more...

School books & Personalised gifts
    http://www.ratoathbooks.ie

Water Treatment
    http://www.water2buy.ie

Bathrooms
    http://www.aquasmart.ie

360ts wrote: »
    Anyone know of an actual online pharmacy that accepts laser? Natures Way is a herbal/alternative company, not really much use to me.

And do you have to sign up for an account with permanent TSB to use the 3V card?

On the first question no I don't know.
    On the 3V question , no, you don't need to do anything with TSB.
    https://www.3v.ie/how.html

You just sign up on the 3V site and then buy a voucher with a visa card number in a newsagent that sells them and you get your 3V card swiped which sends the CVV2 number and expiry date to via text or email.

Music & instruments
    http://www.waltons.ie/ accept laser, nice to get some stocking fillers for those music talanted among your family. Good service from them..

Sports Suppliments
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/store/ accept laser and have a very very good delivery service, and are doing a 10% off deal if you order more than 1 thing off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

cineworld dont take it because you need them pin code yokes and they have to upgrade there computer system but they are cheep so they dont want to...

• Advertisement

anto-t wrote: »
    cineworld dont take it because you need them pin code yokes and they have to upgrade there computer system but they are cheep so they dont want to...

But there's still shops processing Laser the old way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

with chip and pin its the credit card company who will take teh blow for fraud.. but if it is signed ( like teh old way) its down to the shop to take the blow if it is fraud... luas ticket machines wont take a payment over 50 euro now because of that...

Any chance of staying on topic lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well said Basq. The merits of chip & pin, or signature based authorised schemes, should be debated in the Banking forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭360ts

You just sign up on the 3V site and then buy a voucher with a visa card number in a newsagent that sells them and you get your 3V card swiped which sends the CVV2 number and expiry date to via text or email.

Cheers alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mullen07

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Dear Mr Duggan

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not accept Laser cards. Please see below for cards we do and do not accept.

WE ACCEPT:
    * Any Switch card

WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
    * Visa Electron
    * Diner's Club
    * JCB
    * Discover
    * American Express
    * Laser

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

May as well take em off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Haha i was wondering if they did or not it says clearly on there site that they accept Laser but suport says they dont i think they should remove it from the help section then.

Also Komplett.ie say they will be accepting laser in the next few weeks thats one site i would love to see have laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Also Komplett.ie say they will be accepting laser in the next few weeks .
    link?

link?
    Only thing I can find is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

• Advertisement
Advertisement