Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entire stock of a video shop, 1000 DVD's

Options
  • 19-07-2006 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm having a chat with a video shop owner who's closing up shop and moving out of the country. He's selling on his lease and wants to sell off the stock. Around 1000 DVD's.

Was thinking this could be a good investment for someone. Not my sort of business, but I said i'd post here and see what people think What sort of price do people think would be a good price and would anyone be interested in buying up this stock.

The stock for reference would include about 100 or so new releases, some duplicates. 300-400 relatively new releases (1 - 2 years) 600 older releases including children's DVD's, horror genre, sci fi genre and classic cinema.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

quick estimate of value - circa €2 - €2.50 per DVD = €2,000 - €2,500

Because they have been used (presumably quite extensively) their value is obviously deteriorated, hence the lowish value.

What about ebay? You can reach a very large market there, and include the UK audience in the sales process (just have a €1,500 minimum on the sale price, and leave it open for 15 days).

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Aye, I was thinking more in the region of around 2900 based on this:

100 new releases x 5 euro = e500
    400 medium releases x 3 euro = e1200
    600 old releases x 2 euro = 1200

Most DVD's are in v.good nick as most of the older stock was just conversion from VHS over the last two years for the DVD demand and hasn't really moved.

He was looking at an Irish buyer for the moment, but yeah for some reason never thought of Ebay. If anyone's interested though drop me a PM.

Advertisement