Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to charge??

Options
  • 19-07-2006 12:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Taken out of the other thread as to not hijack it!! ;)

Folks just a quick question if the OP doesn't mind me asking it here??

How much would you guys chare to Build, Maintain a site?? Do you charge yearly or just once off?
    Also when doing hosting do you pass all the details to them and say just represcribe every year etc??

Thanks
    Jonny.

&

Thanks guys, the website that will be built of for a shop. Its going to be pretty basic with the items in which they stock, details of items and prices.
    I would imagine a good 30-40 pages will be built but don't know how much places would charge for this, its for a friend so it will be more of a you will save X amount by me doing this for you than anything else so how much would that X amount be??
    I also will be updating it a number of times a month but nothing major!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

purely html based?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah HTML based all the way! Pics and maybe a bit of flash here of there but nothing major!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CaptainSmith

Very much depends what you are doing, commercial companies with big reputations can charge alot, but generally free lance get much less. (See I fly by day, webdesign at night - for pleasure, lol!)

A Basic guide is charge for updates, but not alot, something feasible, you should try and work it out so that your labour works out as no more than €15 per hour that you are working, but ask the customer and design a sample to show them what you can do first...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If it's going to be 30 or 40 pages would you not be better off doing a dynamic site. Most hosts offer PHP an MySQL with their packages.

With this you would only need a few templates and pull all data from the database. Also it is relatively simple to setup some kind of admin area where they can add new items via a web form.

This would limit the amount of maintaining you have to do for them, i.e. everytime they get a new product, change a price, etc.

Advertisement