Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sight seeing tours and wheelchairs.

• 19-07-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Another question if I may :)

A family member of mine who is wheelchair bound would absolutely love to do some city tours around Dublin on one of the open decked buses. Both she and I kind of feel that if you cant be upstairs on these buses, it kind of defeats the purpose (you may as well just get a regular bus instead) and I am wondering if anyone knows if any of these buses have access to the upper deck for people in wheelchairs? Or perhaps an alternative like the Viking splash tour?

thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

http://www.dublinbus.ie/sightseeing/index.aspx

QuestionAre your tours suitable for wheelchair users?

Answer = We are able to take folding wheelchairs only on our City Tour and GhostBus buses. We do ask that you are able to climb the stairs on and off the bus with the aid of your helper or our driver can also assist.

On the Coastal Tours all our buses are fully wheelchair accessible, however please note Malahide Castle is not accessible by wheelchair.

From Dublinbus.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

thanks FranknFurter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

NP :)
    Let me know how it goes? Im thinking of going on one myself and knowing the ins and outs would be a great help! :)

b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

Will do. It'll be a few weeks before I can get to Dublin to try it out, but I'll let you know how it goes. Funny, I'm from Dublin, lived there for 27 years, and I'm dying to go on a tour bus! Must be the kid inside me getting all excited at the propsect of being on a bus again. :)

Advertisement