Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most popular MMO on boards

Options
  • 19-07-2006 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Oooh, an ultra scientific means of definatively saying what the most popular (er common!) MMO played by boards devotees is *cough*. Unfortunately not enough room to put them all in - apologies to the trillions of "The Matrix Online" fans! (also no Atari Jaguar boo).

Ok so it's too hot to work and I'm bored...

What's your MMO of choice? 54 votes

City of Heroes/Villans
    0%
    Dark Age of Camelot
    14%
    HobbesMonty - the one and onlyIvanquaaludemonkeyfudgehairballBlackWizardInisin 8 votes
    Dungeons & Dragons Online
    11%
    OSiriSMemnochDEmeant0rentropiTuskyPlayboy 6 votes
    EVE Online
    0%
    Everquest II
    37%
    CoyoteHobbesregiMoriartyManteljaggehStokolanrob1891KevokBigEejitquarrymanbizmarkDCommissarKiithZithtrekkypjR0otInisinThe Gnome 20 votes
    Final Fantasy XI
    9%
    VenomDEmeant0rjaggehDrakarnix 5 votes
    Guild Wars
    1%
    tuxy 1 vote
    Planetside
    12%
    HobbesOSiriSIvanNiall - DahliaThE_IVIAcIVIAIVRazielDoomgateCoonagh Cowboy 7 votes
    Star Wars Galaxies
    9%
    Monty - the one and onlyMoriartyIvanZithGimpylung 5 votes
    World of Warcraft
    3%
    Monty - the one and onlyDrakar 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Final Fantasy XI
    I love everquest 2 and i just resubbed to eve so those are my poisons of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Dark Age of Camelot
    city of heroes/villains for me, definitely the most entertaining imo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dark Age of Camelot
    hairball wrote:
    city of heroes/villains for me, definitely the most entertaining imo
    Yep. I prefer the contempory and science fiction settings of it.

I f*cking hate elves and hunchbacks and all that other sh*t you get in games like WoW.

I can't wait until Phantasy Star Universe comes out... I used to be a big fan of PSO.

Dark Age of Camelot
    actually i never tried Phantasy Star, the settings of the past efforts looked great, very colourful and it seemed to be sci-fi mixed with fantasy?
    But yeh Cox definitly appeals to me way more than hackneyed orcs versus elves crap...i am however looking forward to seeing how age of conan turns out...no frilly elves there...just big axes and entrails

lol@ hunchbacks by the way

Dark Age of Camelot
    Yep. I used to play Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast and then on the Gamecube.

I used to enjoy it a lot and it had a very good character creation system almost on par with CoX.

Too bad it was ruined by people hacking it and dupping items.

• Advertisement

Dark Age of Camelot
    yeh the downside of online gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Still playing Dark Age of Camelot and have a CoH account also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Everquest II
    Wow is currently the most popular on boards. that doesnt mean its the best though. as you can see by alot of posts, its getting old for some people, and they leave, quite often going back to mmo's with more depth, as can be seen by people constantly re-subscring to eve.

Dark Age of Camelot
    EVE is proving popular. I've never tried it, nor do I know much about it.

Has anyone got a free trail or some such for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

World of Warcraft
    There's a 7 day trial on the eve website (just click the signup link).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Gimpylung

Star Wars Galaxies
    I'm a big fan of Planetside, it's not as great as it once was but it's still very good fun. The reserves program now allows you to try it for free for one year but you can only get to level 6 unless you pay the sub.

Final Fantasy XI
    if you want a trial for eve just say so

there is a 14 day buddy system, you get to try for free for 14 days then you pay 20 euro to purchase the game if you want to keep playing and you get 30 days playtime with the purchase. its how i started playing....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Planetside
    Playing Eve and CoX and some GuildWars. Kind of bouncing between the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I've went back and forth from eve for years now and I honestly have a burning desire to once more return.. wow, like many others have felt is just getting old and I'm kinda getting bored of it.. I miss that adrenaline rush while pvp'ing in EVE. hmm hope my character is still there 25k sp and a couple of hundred mil down the toilet if not :mad:

Final Fantasy XI
    they dont delete characters

25k is feck all ;)

Probably is now.... wasnt way back when :D

Final Fantasy XI
    25000 or 25m? i was making a joke. (characters start off with over 25k)

25m

Final Fantasy XI
    bah, im only on 7.7m :(
    i lost my first megathron the other night. pilgrim ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I'd say eve could be the best MMO there. I have a 11milSP and a 7mil SP. Stopped playing it though and am now playing Eq2 which isn't bad.
    Downloading planetside now to give it a shot, and will probaly get WoW *blush* just to play with a friend. Maybe my new fave will be wow? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Everquest II
    Once you get up and running eve is great, even if you are a newbie you can setup a frigate and make yourself useful by being a tackler, even in big fleet battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Runescape.

Please don't laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Deadlocked

You dont have the 4th biggest MMORPG on the list runescape. www.runescape.com

WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

World of Warcraft
    You'll notice I didn't include any browser games on the list. There's a lovely webgames forum for them. (Though I do note the distinction could be considered small. I don't think that most new players would consider that type of game and the non web based games to be equivalent however, and they were one of the intended audiences for this poll, perhaps I should have been clearer in the phrasing...)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Deadlocked

WTF

Browser game? Only the newbies use the browser for RS.

Runescape is a MMORPG. The 4th biggest on the net.

Final Fantasy XI
    Runescape FTL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

World of Warcraft
    playing swg, cox and planetside at the moment.... considered going back to eve but find it boring in general

phantasy star online(blueburst) is on the pc by the way, but has already been infested with hackers...was fun while it lasted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Star Wars Galaxies
    CoX, sure. Planetside, I myself went through a similar phase, you'll grow out of it :p

But SWG's?!

Sheesh, you have tried the pure concentrated crack that is, 'WoW' right? :o

Advertisement