Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye Bye Spirit Squad???

• 19-07-2006 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

LINK

Wouldnt take this as being a certainty yet, but if true, I would be quite surprised. They ahve been in and around the main event level since debuting, though mostly that has been as McMahons lackeys rather than anything ringwise. Question is, has being more or less squashed by DX killed them?

If they are to split, I would hope they storyline it, and not have them just disappear with trace, and forgotten about like such stables as X Factor, and one of the last incarnations of Team Canada (Test, Christian, Storm).

Of the 5, Ken Doane has about the best chance of getting an immediate push, while I would imagine Nick and Mitch will almost certainly find themselves back in OVW.

What now for them? Could be good for the IC division, if the likes of Jeter, Mondo, Doane, Nitro, Carlito, Benjamin, Haas are all there or thereabouts. It could lead to great matches, and god forbid, a lasting rivalry for the IC belt, not seen sice Benoit, Jericho, Angle in 2001.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Maybe they hadn't planned to keep them all together for too long from the start. I would've liked to see them do somethin with the belts though. I suppose it's kinda hard when there's no teams to feud with. The Highlanders look like they'll be winning the titles, so hopefully it will lead to some sort of feud with the Spirit Squad guys who weren't in the match getting mad at the ones who lost the titles

I don't see much hope for Mitch if they split. He wasn't in any of their matches originally, and now he's wearing a top under his vest, unlike the other four. Kinda makes him look like the black sheep. Kenny and Johnny should do fine if given a chance though

Actually, Kenny and Johnny could make a decent team, if they stick together and feud with the Highlanders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

It could be bad news for some of them if they do split. I mean they have a successful gimmick at the minute but can anyone see WWE creative coming up with five new personas for all of them?

The splitting of teams can very often lead to a very rough patch of your career. Take the Bashams for example, neither have been on tv for ages despite being allowed come up with their own gimmick. Conway and Sylvan are trying to gather momentum with their characters whilst Cade and Murdoch wisely were put back together as neither had the spark for singles.

Kenny should be ok, the others i couldnt predict at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm surprised at the timing but they must feel certain members are being held back by the others.

I think Kenny could get a decent push. Wouldn't be surprised if they turned him babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well at the beginning I thought Mitch was the main guy cause he did all the talking but over time they have kind of developed their own sort of personas. Kenney and Johnny are like the muscle of the group. Mickeys like the crazy one. Nicky in my mind hasnt done much while Mitch is still like the leader. So my point is, is that there is alot there that WWE can work with if there is to be a split.

Mitch was a contestant in the last Tough Enough, so he's got the least experience of them all, which is probably why he hasn't been in the ring much. Nicky hasn't been wrestling 2 years yet, and all the others are much more experienced. Kenny's been wrestling since he was 15 I just read

They'll probably want to make Kenny a single's star, so I hope they at least keep Johnny on tv, maybe as a team with Mikey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i read all the above messages, i agree with all, so i will not add much more.
    the only thing i will say is that mitch is good at talking (which he is the reason why he is the hmm hmm leader) what i am saying is that the wrestlers that can talk get on well in wwe and i like the talkers. it would be a shame to lose mitch.
    foe example. nitro was talking on raw and his voice was weak, his voice had no meaning. melina (my woman) started talking a minute later and you could see (straight away) why she was put with mercury and nitro. edge and christan needed no help talking when they first started.

Yeah, I think the reason they stuck Edge with Lita is because she's crap on the mic

^ or because she shagged him!

WOW I didn't know that Mitch was one of the contestants on the last tough enough. At that stage I was watching the least amount of wrestling i've watched since I got into it "full time" so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Spirit squad remind me of the mean street possey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

dlofnep wrote:
    Spirit squad remind me of the mean street possey.

man you jogged an old memory there if anyone has a tape or dvd of i think it was royal rumble 2000 ( it was in new york ) about 2/3rds of the way though the rumble match the mean street possey runs down the entrance way to interfere but i think it was big show stepped on the rope near the corner and only two members of mean street possey make it into the ring the big-ish blond guy nearly kills himself. One of the funnyest moments in wrestling ever. keep your eyes on the bottom right of the screen you might miss it if you dont know where to look.

not sure about the year but i remember Big Show lost to the Rock and Matt & Jeff Hardy beat Buh Buh Ray & D-Von Dudley in some kind of double tables match Tazz had his first in ring match i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Tazz had his first in ring match i think
    Tazz ended Angles unbeaten run, and Triple H and Cactus Jack had the best fight of their feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Nope it was the rock who ended Kurt Angles unbeaten record afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It was Taz via tazmission, though The Rock may have been the first person to pin him?

Yeah, I think that was it. But Tazz was the first person to beat Angle in any way

Well what happened was, Taz beat him by tazmission. Afterwards Angle started going on about how the tazmission is a choke and therefore an illegal move. I dont think the decision was ever officially reversed but JR and co still kept on saying he was undefeated until the rock beat him.

about ten minutes after the match was over there was a scene in the locker room where somebody as checking angle ( flashing lights in his eyes ) all angle kept saying was "i passed out right so i didnt lose" or at least something along those lines.
    think angle had the european championship at the time and tazz just jumped ship from ecw so i guess they didnt want tazz winning a belt straight away

man you jogged an old memory there if anyone has a tape or dvd of i think it was royal rumble 2000 ( it was in new york ) about 2/3rds of the way though the rumble match the mean street possey runs down the entrance way to interfere but i think it was big show stepped on the rope near the corner and only two members of mean street possey make it into the ring the big-ish blond guy nearly kills himself. One of the funnyest moments in wrestling ever. keep your eyes on the bottom right of the screen you might miss it if you dont know where to look.

not sure about the year but i remember Big Show lost to the Rock and Matt & Jeff Hardy beat Buh Buh Ray & D-Von Dudley in some kind of double tables match Tazz had his first in ring match i think

Don't really watch it anymore but when I caught a glimpse of the spirit squad, I just said to myself "Oh look, Mean Street Posse Part 2!" Vince is just trying to revive some old flame, stables to fight against each other with DX and the likes.. I think he should let the old be the old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

But the Posse never won any matches ever did they? That was their gimmick? Spirit Squad have been pretty sucessful until entering this DX feud. And it might look like the Highlanders will further hinder them by taking the tag titles.

they did win but there gimmick was that they were from Greenwich, Connecticut a very rich area of america so they were kind of posh kids trying to wrestle and help shane mc mahon at first called the Greenwich mean street posse. Rodney Leinhardt and Peter Gasperino ( gas ) were both real childhood friends of Shane McMahon

I always liked Shane. he was always willing to ptu his body on the line for the company.. He could of just layed in the background..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

all angle kept saying was "i passed out right so i didnt lose" or at least something along those lines.
    think angle had the european championship at the time and tazz just jumped ship from ecw so i guess they didnt want tazz winning a belt straight away
    you have to love the way wwe change situations to suit themselves, at WM13 SCSA lost by passing out in the sharpshooter, but Angle didn't lose by passing out in the tazzmission. :rolleyes:
    anyway simple fact is tazz was first person to beat angle in wwe

Angle did lose though. He was just convinced himself that he hadn't lost

Advertisement