Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

centra swords - deli prices

Options
  • 19-07-2006 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone regularly visits this store on a daily basis for lunch.
    Been goin there for a few months and purchasing a roll and drink every day. Im not into loads salads and stuff so my bageutte is very plain to say the least!
    Since the last 4 months or so, ive noticed the prices change considerably from day to day and have seen recogniseable people from day to day visits coming across surprised at some of the prices with the odd complaint about the delis' fluctuating prices.
    The price has jumped from €2.65 for an average baguette to a whopping €3.85 within the last few months and since this began to annoy me and the company clearly ignored the complaints, i simply bycotted the place and went to another shop offering a "proper service, with fresh ingredients and a reasonable pricing structure".
    Today however, i went to centra as i was stuck for time and since its been a while, gave them the benefit of the doubt. I asked for a breakfast roll: I got 2 burned shrivelled up sausages and a flat lum of white pudding all drowned in tomato sauce to make it seem like it was a full roll. Tossers.
    There is no pricing structure advertised of any sort and the counter drones seem like its basically wherever the finger lands on the pricing machine is the price you pay. Not in relation to what you actually ordered.
    Im not the person to make a scene over a simple roll, but the manner which franchise companies conduct business like this is out of order. Another is Spar who are also way overpriced <SNIP>
    They complain about how the bigger shops are putting them out of business. <SNIP> them, i hope they do at this rate.
    Can they be reported for this fluctuated price behaviour??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The same has been happening in the Centa on dame street beside Apache Pizza!!
    I get the same roll all the time and it went from 1.95 to anywhere between 3.15 and 3.95 now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

Its bloody discusting.
    The public make keep their <SNIP> little franchuse going.
    They should learn to have a little more respect.
    Come to think of it, that advert they have on tv is the biggest pile of <SNIP>.
    At least try and depict a typical irish day in a shop not with snippets from every other country and slap "centra" on it. Everyone i know that has seen the ad has laughed. Maybe the directors of the company are just as <SNIP>as the employees themselves. A mandatory requirement to join up i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

ibanezjem wrote:
    Im not the person to make a scene over a simple roll,

why not? It'll only change if people complain and demand justification!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

yeah your right. Ive just been onto the useless site that is centra.ie to try contact a head office of some sort to ask the question as to why the prices of this particular store have a tendency to increase and decrease prices of items on a daily basis. But there is no contact details of such office.

Get the feeling i may be p|ssing against the wind.
    Back to the boycotting so. The annoying thing is though that they carry on getting away with ripping people off. And Ripping off is exactly what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Someone else posted the same about Spar. My advice is to get a big roll there with lots of stuff and leave it on the shelf with a note that they are a rip-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭Archeron

One of the Spar deli's around where I work suffers from this weird pricing structure. Its funny, coz I've spotted the staff from this Spar buying their lunch in a different spar about a mile away. I hope thats because of the prices........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

ibanezjem wrote:
    yeah your right. Ive just been onto the useless site that is centra.ie to try contact a head office of some sort to ask the question as to why the prices of this particular store have a tendency to increase and decrease prices of items on a daily basis. But there is no contact details of such office.

Get the feeling i may be p|ssing against the wind.
    Back to the boycotting so. The annoying thing is though that they carry on getting away with ripping people off. And Ripping off is exactly what they are doing.

Just complain to the staff, and then the manager. If that does not work, complain to head office (staff in that store should have a contact number...). And continue to post here, so that people are aware of what's going on - eventually, maybe more people will complain...If that does not work, buy your food elsewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The same guy owns Dame Street and Swords. Demand to speak to the owner

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

tbh Superquinn, Dunnes etc are cheaper and usually give you more stuff

i generally support the little guys but Spar and Centra have just pissed me off big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Angelino

hi,there
    go to Sweeney's Centra Ratoath(was Spar) great special offers there everyday,hot chicken roll and can of coke or water only €3.00
    wraps from €3.00-today get sweet chilli chicken wrap for €2.00:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closing

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement