Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Transfers in 1 transfer window

• 19-07-2006 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the rules on this are?

How did Man City manage it with Hamann - did Liverpool have to agree to it?

It came to mind with the Duff thread - what if Spurs were to sign him for another club, given Chelsea are unlikely to sell him to another top club?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

was there anything in ink regarding Hamann?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

TheMonster wrote:
    Anyone know what the rules on this are?

How did Man City manage it with Hamann - did Liverpool have to agree to it?

It came to mind with the Duff thread - what if Spurs were to sign him for another club, given Chelsea are unlikely to sell him to another top club?

During the window a players registration can move umpteen times (everton someone before signed whos wife didnt like up north and after a day he went back to another club, buggered if i can rememebr his name)

Should Spurs be keeping a player warm as is done in Spain and Italy they hold him for 6 months then sell him. But its fine if they buy him and sell him to Man Utd ehh someone else as long as they have his registration, Chelsea can put in clauses to stop that for a certain amount of time.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Isn't it something to do with the fact that Hamann hadn't been registered with the Premier League as a Bolton player yet ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

KdjaC wrote:
    (everton someone before signed whos wife didnt like up north and after a day he went back to another club, buggered if i can rememebr his name)
    Unsworth, i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

The thing is Hamman was not registered as a player with Bolton. He only had signed a contract to play for them.

His FA registration was actually allowed to lapse by Liverpool (free agent) so he could sign for whoever he wanted. Following that he went to Bolton but they didnt register him so that left City free to do so.

From what I understand you can be registed as many times a season with the same FA under different clubs. Think youngsters going on loan to a few different clubs in a season.

You can only be registered with 1 Football association per transfer window via UEFA though.

IE a young fella could have as many clubs during the transfer windows as time would allow him to play with a register with but he could not move to Spain from France and then to England.

See?

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

KdjaC wrote:
    During the window a players registration can move umpteen times (everton someone before signed whos wife didnt like up north and after a day he went back to another club, buggered if i can rememebr his name)

Should Spurs be keeping a player warm as is done in Spain and Italy they hold him for 6 months then sell him. But its fine if they buy him and sell him to Man Utd ehh someone else as long as they have his registration, Chelsea can put in clauses to stop that for a certain amount of time.

kdjac

Correct.

I wrote the same.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

SofaKing wrote:
    Unsworth, i think.

Yeah it was Unswoth Summer 1998. Signed for Aston Villa, spends one day at the club injuries Dwigth Yorke in training and his wife says she doesnt like it up north, so signs for Everton the following day.

Yorke signed for Man u about 2/3 weeks later.

Advertisement