Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absurdists in Dublin?

Options
  • 19-07-2006 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I run a PDF magazine on absurdist literary theory in the US. Recently I started getting a lot of downloads from Dublin. Does anyone know if there's an absurdist writers movement occuring in Ireland? Anyone know how to contact them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Might just be renewed interest in the absurd as people are becoming aware of it again with the Beckett centenary festival that occurred recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yes, or it could be a book club are reading an absurdist book this month and did a Google for extra reading material.

You should put a little note up wherever you're hosting the PDF asking whoever's downloading it to get in touch, solve the mystery at source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 polycarp

I did write to a few people who signed up for the mailing list. They said they didn't know any other writers around into absurdism. But I've had about 10 or 12 just pop up in one day.

If you see an absurdist, tell them to call me. Hahahaha

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Remember - "Self satisfaction will be punished." ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 polycarp

Everybody loves a little Kafka...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sophiej

at least give us a link to this endearing little magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm guessing that's it there in his signature.

Advertisement