Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White ink tattoo over old tattoo?

Options
  • 19-07-2006 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Dragon on my right shoulder blade, When I got it done I wanted it in blue but was TOLD I have to have a black outline - kinda pissed me off but I wanted it so I went ahead and got it done. Now I have to get it re-touched and I'm either gonna get it filled in black and leave it at that or ideally I'd love to get it drawn over with white ink - can this be done or will the blue and black still show up through the white ink and make it look sh1t?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

If you want to see what white looks like over black then have a look at www.luckyrich.com. He's the most tattooed man in history (apparently) and is covered in black ink with details all over his body in white. Have a look and see what you think. It doesn't work too well but can look cool on black, I'm not sure about it on blue but it should work.

You were told you have to get a black outline because not putting on a black outline will lead to a badly ageing tattoo normally. Hardlining (black outlining) is almost essential and if it isn't done then the tattoo can look good but the saying is that it wont last, so dont feel hard done by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I think I'll give it a go, see how it turns out... no harm in trying, can always go black again if it looks crap.

Advertisement