Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugar addiction...

• 19-07-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

this might be the wrong forum but does anyone else here have a sugar addiction? I eat sugar in the form of jam or sweets or biscuits or chocolate every single day - I'm not overweight as such but it can't be good for me. I have healthy teeth (mustn't be chewing it or something :D ) but I'm worse than any crack addict in terms of having serious cravings! I've been known to eat raw jelly out of the pack when there's nothing else. Am I alone in my relentless search for a "fix"? Anybody else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Raw jelly, ack! :) I used to be pretty bad as child but not so much now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I used to be the same until I hit around 18.
    Used to have at least 3 spoons of suger on my cereal and 2 in my tea, and would love raw jelly and a rake load of sweets.
    I'd never drink anything but fizzy drinks too.

Changed totally now and have really cut down on my sugar intake.
    Maybe its since I found alcohol.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

whiskeyman wrote:
    Maybe its since I found alcohol.....:D

Dunno which is the worst of those two evils :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

omg raw jelly is lovely!! it's so much nicer than any jelly sweets that you buy...

Me I loooove sweet stuff but I don't let myself eat it a lot. Chocolate is my major downfall :(

Fizzy drinks though, yuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sauce

Its not really sugar i'm addicted to but I really like splenda. I use loads of the stuff.

Weird I know. Maybe its my methadone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Not exactly scientific, but I read years ago that a craving for sugar is actually a craving for B vitamins.

According to the logic of the piece, in some natural health book or journal, the body craves vitamin B, but that craving is fulfilled by eating something sweet. But digesting refined sugar demands more B vitamins, so your system becomes further depleted, making you long for sweet things even more...

Don't know if it's true, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I have a chocolate addiction which is sugar so yes I have a sugar addiction but anything else with that type of sugar is disgusting like cereals with sugar or sugary drinks.

Advertisement