Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS this a good price for internal doors?

Options
  • 19-07-2006 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a qoute off a chippy for E1300 to install 5 doorframes (red deal), 3 soild pine doors, 3 door saddles, 2 half glass doors, 1 understairs door and architrave (excuse the spelling) around all doors

he called me today and said that my builder had mentioned i wanted glass i the sittingroom/kitchen doors however he qouted me for all solid doors... " if you want glass doors it's and extra E60 per door excluding glass and it will just be for two panels.. I didnt realise you wanted glass"

its not that im mean but he will also later be putting down new wooden floors upstairs and skirting the whole house alone with sanding/varnishing the stairs (cost to be advised)

Anyone a chippy or had work like this done??? can help

Im looking for a door like attached for sittingroom/kitchen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭taby_dub

forgot to insert the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

taby_dub wrote:
    Hi,

I got a qoute off a chippy for E1300 to install 5 doorframes (red deal), 3 soild pine doors, 3 door saddles, 2 half glass doors, 1 understairs door and architrave (excuse the spelling) around all doors

he called me today and said that my builder had mentioned i wanted glass i the sittingroom/kitchen doors however he qouted me for all solid doors... " if you want glass doors it's and extra E60 per door excluding glass and it will just be for two panels.. I didnt realise you wanted glass"

its not that im mean but he will also later be putting down new wooden floors upstairs and skirting the whole house alone with sanding/varnishing the stairs (cost to be advised)

Anyone a chippy or had work like this done??? can help

Im looking for a door like attached for sittingroom/kitchen

Is that supply and fit price

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

Carpenter wrote:
    Is that supply and fit price

i certainly hope it's supply and fit:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Soledad

Generally 100 euro to fit a door, we got similiar doors to those in Noyek NEwmans for 140 per door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭taby_dub

yeah its supply and fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭secman

I have just come across a brochure from a company in Wexford called Bramble Doors, they suppy the door which comes pre hung on a frame, with architrave and with the locks,handles and hinges pre installed, . Apparantly it only takes 15 min to install each door. Prices start at €225 incl vat for each door. Also the door can be lifted off the (3) hinges for maint etc. Spoke to a couple of chippy's and they think they are the mutts nuts . Anyone out there use a similar door ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

no, but im going looking for them now myself as that sounds an unbelieveable price and i could fit them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 the chippie

i have made a good few pre-hung doorsets for both builders an self builders
    and i would never use the lift off hinges
    (1) the door can not be lifted up unless the door can open nearly back to the wall so it can pass architrave on the top of the doorframe.
    (2) after a few weeks the weigth of the door will pull the hinge down as if the door has expanded causeing the door not being able to close right.
    it is a good system and a good diyer would be well able to hang one of these doorkits , if the doorkit dose not have the lift off hinges .

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Anyone got more info on Bramble Doors?

I googled but no website. Found what I think is their phone number in the golden pages..

Questions..

Are the doors solid doors ? eg Pine? or are they panel hollow doors ?

Do these guys deliver ?

Cheers
    Jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

They are solid doors, seem good, about to order 16 of them. The chippie was happy with the quality of the sample(doesnt always mean the goods are the same). They are in wexford or waterford. €200 per solid door, including frame saddle, architrave etc.

• Advertisement

so do I have the correct place -

Bramble Timber Products
    Cloone, Killinick, Co. Wexford.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

Jesus, way to hi-jack the guys thread.

1300 doesn't seem like he's ripping you off. Can't say if its a "great" price or if its a "bad" price since as neither I nor anyone else here has seen the job or the doors, but you're not getting taken for a ride at that price.

Ps ensure they are solid doors and not vinner. I know you said solid but it doesn't actually follow that they are solid pine. make sure. I was recently working in a house where they thought the doors where solid pine.

lol..
    and how do we ensure they are solid ?

Does the knock knock test count ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

jayo99 wrote:
    so do I have the correct place -

Bramble Timber Products
    Cloone, Killinick, Co. Wexford.

?

Yep 053 9135130

Red deal doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

jayo99 wrote:
    lol..

I wasn't talking to you. And the way you find out is you inspect the door. It pretty obvious when the doors being cut out for the locks and hinges.

jayo99 wrote:
    lol..

you should be able to see the joins between the solid pieces at the top & bottom edges

• Registered Users Posts: 46,132 ✭✭✭✭muffler

secman wrote:
    I have just come across a brochure from a company in Wexford called Bramble Doors, they suppy the door which comes pre hung on a frame, with architrave and with the locks,handles and hinges pre installed, . Apparantly it only takes 15 min to install each door. Prices start at €225 incl vat for each door. Also the door can be lifted off the (3) hinges for maint etc. Spoke to a couple of chippy's and they think they are the mutts nuts . Anyone out there use a similar door ?
    A friend of mine is getting the pre-assembled kits. 6 pine doors, frames, architrave, saddles etc = €1000. A damn good price but then again you have to come to Donegal for the bargains :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Well if thats supplying it doesnt seem to hefty a price to me,you can spot it easily enough to see if its veneer.Look at side stile of door and you should be just able to notice the thickness of veneer...

Get another quote if in doubt or get a couple of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinkness

I am living in the southeast & have recently purchased Bramble easy fit doors. My Husband is a carpenter & thought that they are a good system. He has fitted this type of system from other companies & found Brambles the better system.
    The door will lift off its hinges, the door needs to be opened @ 90 degrees to lift off.
    I would recommend getting in contact with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinkness

secman wrote:
    Secman - i dont understand when you say they are the mutts nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭hughm

I think it means that they are good,

Mutts nuts.....you know
    Dogs BollXX...Ahem!:o

Advertisement