Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Doctors in Limerick

Options
  • 19-07-2006 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

I'm kinda fed up with my limerick based doctor, don't want to say who he is but I want to change to one I feel is a bit better and actually helps and listens and doesn't fob me off so much and think I'm just and emotional irrational hormonal female ( I'm not being sexist here either, I'm quite happy to change to a good female or male doctor as long as they are good !!!)

Anyone any suggestions ?

Ita

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Dr. Mick Shinkwin in Fort Mary near the Gaelic Grounds is very good, but generally I talk sports with him, not sure how his manner is with women.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

doctor robert magnier in castletroy (on the dublin road) is a great doctor, has helped me and my family through loads, and he wont just fob you off at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Dr. Griffin (F) or Dr. Boylan (M), John’s Gate House, John Street, Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Ger O Connell on the ennis road isn't bad or Dr Nally don't know her first name in Thomondgate my other half swears by

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Moya Coffey and Criona Burns in Clareview are great doctors for women. Dr. Burns comes accross as a bit brusque but she's not dismissive and she listens.
    Aongus McCann is another gem - great listener and good with kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

secrecy_ie wrote:
    doctor robert magnier in castletroy (on the dublin road) is a great doctor, has helped me and my family through loads, and he wont just fob you off at all.

Couldn't agree more.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

Hey my Dad is the doctor out here in Newport

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

@scrattletrap

I have removed your post as it is legally iffy. not to mention the fact that the poster is looking for good doctors, not bad ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

No problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ita

Thanks all

Much appreciate all the advice :)

Ita

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Karoma wrote:
    Dr. Griffin (F) or Dr. Boylan (M), John’s Gate House, John Street, Limerick.

I 2nd that been going the dr.griffin for years.

He was the physio/doctor for the Irish rugby team and Munster
    kinda looks good on a cv

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Robert Magnier on the Dublin Road. The man is a gent, a lovely guy and a great doctor. He's one of the very few doctors I would place my complete trust in. A great guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭The Long Fellow

Dr john English just off the dublin road, opposite the Parkway. A real nice guy and good doc

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

I'll second both Dr. Shinkwin and Dr. Magnier. I've visted them both a few times and they're both excellent doctors and very nice guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Elbows

sorry to resurrect, but wondering if anyone knows any of these doctors work outside working hours, am 9-5 mon-fri

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Elbows wrote:
    sorry to resurrect, but wondering if anyone knows any of these doctors work outside working hours, am 9-5 mon-fri

Dr Marcela McCann works evenings Tuesday through Friday afaik. She shares her practice with her daughter who works normal business hours. You will need to make an appointment with her receptionist during normal working hours though. She is a very good GP.

She is located in Caherdavin across the road from Ivan's supermarket as you head up the road to LIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Coonagh Cowboy

Dr.Paul O'Sullivan in Grove Island is who I use,he's pretty good about listening and goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Ger O Connell on the Ennis road gets a second recommendation from me. I've gone to him all my life and find him good.

You do have to wait ages because people generally don't want to see the other doctor in the surgery, they "all want to see himself" as one woman said in the waiting room the last day.

Don't personally know Mick Shinkwin, but I know his son and judging by him, his dad must be a dead on guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nellos

hi guys does anyone know of a good doctor open on saturdays in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Dr. Mick Shinkwin in Fort Mary near the Gaelic Grounds is very good, but generally I talk sports with him, not sure how his manner is with women.

Great name!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please don't dig up old threads - this one is 3½ years old.

Start a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement