Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

According to Fox News .....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

I saw the O'reilly Factor the other night (friday night) although O'reilly himself was not presenting it, a stand in woman was. They talked to three correspondents, all in Isreal talking about the rocket attacks that day and whether there will be a ground invasion. There were no casualties that day-but they didn't report about what was happening in southern lebanon at all. They then spoke to two experts both of whom agreed a full scale occupation of southern lebanon was needed, one saying that they are fighting 'our war' and that isreal should never have pulled out before. There was no real debate, all three were in agreement. And to cap it all of the presenter referred to the isreals military as 'we'.

Fair and Balanced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

samb wrote:
    I saw the O'reilly Factor the other night (friday night) although O'reilly himself was not presenting it, a stand in woman was.

Fair and Balanced?

just listening to her yesterday, classic she came out with some nuggets. According to her Israel have warned the people of south lenbanon so its there own fault if they get bombed. You really would want to listen to it for the absolute bull coming out of them. I would laugh if it was not so serious.
    The poor Israelis are under attack from the evil people in the north.
    and get this, Mr Bush isnt doing enough in the middle east, he is a bit to softy liberal for fox, as far as the one that is standing in for O'Reilly the should be attacking more countries

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

bonkey wrote:
    They did not disclose any information on the death-toll to either side, rather giving the total death-toll.

While I don't know about Fox News, Sky News is giving totals of Israelis killed as updates but listing "total dead" when it refers to lebanon (Groups them with the Israelis).

IN short, Fox may be offering incomplete information, but its not misleading unless you try and interpret it to contain information it explicitly does not.

Such an instance where they would be giving a total where the total was way far skewed it would be misleading, especially when most of the reporting appears to be Israel slant anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

The fact is that the current round of violence was initiated by aggression from Hezbollah which has resulted in (disproportionate) retaliation from Israel.

Well this is not a fact it is an opinion. It is a vast oversimplification of this situation to decide to take the starting point of this conflict as the kidnap of the soldiers. As has been mentioned on this thread already there are thousands of palestinian and lebanese people being held without trial in Israel. This is an ongoing course of action. Your statement would lead us to believe that previous to June 25 when Hamas/Al Aqsa crossed the border into Isreal and kidnapped an IDF soldier that all was well in the region and Palestinians were living in harmony with Israelis.

What I find most disturbing in all this from a political perspective is the outright refusal of the US to countenance an immediate ceasefire on the grounds that a lasting peace is the more desireable outcome. Of course lasting peace is the most desireable outcome but how can an immediate ceasefire preclude that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

now fox have got the all important buzz word "Islamofacist". It is something else.

I am generally Sympathetic to Israel and I do belive they have a right to exist and defend themselves, but what is going on at the moment isnt defence, its maddness. They are destroying one country to get at one organization.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

I think Fox News are the most biased news station around. Sure they show this to the soldiers in Iraq.

Take a look at this and this. They talk about attacking Syria and Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Both the Lebanese and Palestinian publics have elected terrorist organizations to government and they have to pay when those terrorist organizations attack Israel.

The sooner the Lebanese and Palestinian cop on and stop electing terrorists then the sooner Israel will stop retaliating, until then they should watch their backs.

Oh Shi'ite... I voted for Sinn Fein in the last election. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

My friend, I learned long ago not to watch Fox News. I also learned not to read such newspapers as The Sunday World, The Irish Sun, The Evening Herald, and The News Of The World. They will only serve to depress and anger you.

Not even Sky News is 'safe' to watch anymore. It appears that Murdoch got it wrong when he wanted to be King Midas - Instead of everything he touches turning to gold they instead turn to *BLEEP* [faeces].

For news stick to EuroNews.

Advertisement