Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart Board

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Really looking forward to the tavern game.we'll be very disappointed if we don't take at least a point off them.Word is there is going to be a very hostile reception for us after taking there players.Ha ! Ha ! can't wait. The lads that signed for us are really up for it.
    Who are you playing Tuesday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

DFD wrote:
    Really looking forward to the tavern game.we'll be very disappointed if we don't take at least a point off them.Word is there is going to be a very hostile reception for us after taking there players.Ha ! Ha ! can't wait. The lads that signed for us are really up for it.
    Who are you playing Tuesday night ?

I know, I was playing with JD, PR and LM on Friday in the Wicklow League, JD in particular can't wait.

I think you'll be capable of doing them. JD + PR are capable of beating any one of their players. They haven't got the strength in depth anymore, if you beat one of their big three you should take the game.

We're playing the other team in the Lough on Tuesday, I won't be available though. Great way to start the season with a new club !

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

hello all . i play for a team in the league myself its nice to hear a bit of gossip on the darts ;no all joking aside i think this year could be very interesting . mon nights the tassie should be in the top 3 with the new signings they got, but i think the igo just might pip it from fitzers with new signing of D.F. that should give them the edge they lacked last season .as for the tues i think the lough have a great chance of coming up if not wining the league thats D.T. team they have a good bunch of lads there ,as for wed i think the lough ladys should b collecting alot of trophys again this year but the igo will pushing all the way ....keep in touch im sure ther will be alot we can chat about in the year ..best of luck to all for the season ahead ...

The tassie lost their first match, not a great start at all ! (No wonder DFD hadn't replied :D )

The Tuesday night league looks to be very competitive this year.

yeh only heard that on fri night .id say they wernt exspecting that ,was it close or were they well beaten ? yeh plus i heard that it nearly got out of hand in the lough on tues must make sure im there for the re match ha .

• Advertisement

Away all week ( gave me a chance to get over it ).We were expecting a tough game but not to be beaten 6-2.The match was closer than the scoreline suggests but a loss is a loss no matter the score.Early days yet plenty of time to get back into it.I've afeeling there will be more points dropped this year by all teams than usual.
    Tues will be a tough league this year a few teams in it that will be expecting to do well.Haven't heard yet what happened in the Lough ?welcome aboard pad180.
    Which team won up in the Lough ?

DFD wrote:
    Away all week ( gave me a chance to get over it ).We were expecting a tough game but not to be beaten 6-2.The match was closer than the scoreline suggests but a loss is a loss no matter the score.Early days yet plenty of time to get back into it.I've afeeling there will be more points dropped this year by all teams than usual.
    Tues will be a tough league this year a few teams in it that will be expecting to do well.Haven't heard yet what happened in the Lough ?welcome aboard pad180.
    Which team won up in the Lough ?

A very ....... eh..... "tense" game. DT's team won 5-3.

5 of the games went to the last double, not just the last leg. Nobody threw particularly well but it was hard fought.

There was a bit of banter and abuse early on, but the celebrations of the player who won the last leg annoyed quite a few people. Some got a bit aggressive about it. Apparently there was a few digs thrown in the carpark afterwards. But the player who celebrated wasn't involved, and I'm still not sure who was involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Is there any chance that someone could post a schedule for a few of these leagues ?

Is there any chance that someone could post a schedule for a few of these leagues ?

You'll find the Dun Laoghaire Borough dart league fixtures on www.darts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Excellent.

Thanks much .....does anyone else have any of the league schedules ?

• Advertisement

hello all tues now the day after. just wondering about the results last night. i heard the igo had a decent win 7-1 againts the farm house and the lough were beaten 7-1 by fitzers second team any other results lets know cheers

pad180 wrote:
    hello all tues now the day after. just wondering about the results last night. i heard the igo had a decent win 7-1 againts the farm house and the lough were beaten 7-1 by fitzers second team any other results lets know cheers

7-1. :eek:

Come over tonight and watch some proper dart players playing!

Rosco1982 wrote:
    7-1. :eek:

Come over tonight and watch some proper dart players playing!

I think I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

We were beaten 5-3 last night. Awful stuff.

well rosco did i hear right .you were beaten last night did you play it was the farm house yeh ? i heard they have a couple of decent players or was it yous didnt play well ah well better now than later .what was the end result .

ah well thats darts for ya .the one thing iv learn,t over my short time playing darts is ;when you win its great but when you get beat it knocks you back to reality .but at the end of the day anybody is capable beaten anybody thats mon tues wed its all on the night but theres always next week to put right .

pad180 wrote:
    well rosco did i hear right .you were beaten last night did you play it was the farm house yeh ? i heard they have a couple of decent players or was it yous didnt play well ah well better now than later .what was the end result .

A bit of both really. Their first two in played really well. KB was the only one to win in the first five for us and he was brilliant. 4-1 down after five games is far from ideal. Then I won my game 2-0 , DT did the same and POC was beaten 2-0 .

pad180 wrote:
    Just a few results from mon night that i heard,Eagles 4-4 Horse + Hound,O'Connells 5-3 McKennas,Tassie 4-4 Playwright,BHFC 6-2 Gallops,Fitz red 6-2 Noggin Hunters.
    Any of yous have any problems getting onto the borough website.I cant get it at all.:confused:

hello all its been a while , hows the season going so far any results over the last couple of weeks let us know cheers... yeh also all the teams we played so far have all had the eclips pro boards which is good to see . i think they all are afraid that people can refuse to play if they dont have a proper board ,,i was on the borough dart league site and none of the leagues are updated whats the point on having a web site if you dont update it ......

Fitzpatricks A were held to a draw.I belief they were 4-2 down and were lucky to get back into it.I heard the lough had a good win v playwright.O'Connells beat ivory bar 5-3.Farmhouse beat Fitz B,Noggin beat H&H,Igo drew and Eagles beat Mckennas.
    So far all but one has had an eclipse board but it seems the message is getting through.

DFD wrote:
    Fitzpatricks A were held to a draw.I belief they were 4-2 down and were lucky to get back into it.I heard the lough had a good win v playwright.O'Connells beat ivory bar 5-3.Farmhouse beat Fitz B,Noggin beat H&H,Igo drew and Eagles beat Mckennas.
    So far all but one has had an eclipse board but it seems the message is getting through.

I haven't played on any one of the correct boards yet.

5 games and all of them have been on the ****ty Nodor boards (who sells them?) with staples all over them. I've won all five though so I shouldn't complain too much !:D

• Advertisement

Rosco1982 wrote:
    I haven't played on any one of the correct boards yet.

5 games and all of them have been on the ****ty Nodor boards (who sells them?) with staples all over them. I've won all five though so I shouldn't complain too much !:D
    As was said before if nobody says anything to the committee they can't do anything about it.I know teams don't want to be seen to be complaining but if teams don't then nothing changes.Dunno who sells Nodor boards but you describe them right!
    Well done on winning your games,hows the team doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bazm

DFD wrote:
    if a monday night player is going down to the tuesday night it usually means he can't get a game on the monday.if your in that league i wouldn't be overawed when you play them.rumour i've heard is that the monday Igo are bringing in a few wicklow players.

anyone anything to say about the two new monday nite teams bray and delgany how do ya think they will fair out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Just wondering lads is the Wednesday league a womans league???

i heard the team from bray are handy enough havnt played them yet to give my veiw on them so well waite and see .. as for delgany i think a few of there players are from the old bennigans team so i think they should b ok as they have a bit of experience in the mon night league .................to the other question ..yes the wed league is for the women .. but dont be fooled there is some women out there that could beat any man in the mon league ..thats how good they can be .....

DFD wrote:
    As was said before if nobody says anything to the committee they can't do anything about it.I know teams don't want to be seen to be complaining but if teams don't then nothing changes.Dunno who sells Nodor boards but you describe them right!
    Well done on winning your games,hows the team doing?

We're not doing as well as we should be, won 2 lost 1 and drew 2. In each game we made silly selection decisions that cost us, none more so than last Tuesday.

A few of the lads are a bit miffed with the team selections to say the least.

Checked out the borough website,there's an uptodate monday league table on it now.BHFC are going really well.They had a draw against fitz A mon night.They'll do well this year i think.Horse & Hound aren't doing too good, second last at the moment.Might just take them a while to settle in.I've heard they're actually playing out of the Delgany Arms.Anybody else hear that.If so,why weren't teams informed!
    Yeah,wednesday night is ladies night and as pad180 says some of them would put the men to shame.
    Sometimes it takes a new captain a few weeks to get the selections right(hopefully).You just have to bear with it and hope it comes right.

Any results from this week, I see the Farmhouse Monday got a win and Tuesday drew - not sure who they were playing though but both teams seem to be doing quite well.

MBC wrote:
    Any results from this week, I see the Farmhouse Monday got a win and Tuesday drew - not sure who they were playing though but both teams seem to be doing quite well.
    As far as i know farmhouse mon were beaten 6-2 by BHFC,these are a few other results i heard
    Fitz red 5-3 Mckennas
    Eagles 4-4 Lough
    Playwright 2-6 O'Connells
    H&H 0-8 Fitz blue
    Noggin 3-5 Tassie
    Gallops 3-5 Ivory bar
    Igo had a free week

Oh it must of been last week - as I checked the site darts.ie and seen they had got another 2 points - obviously last weeks.

Cheers for the rest of the results.

• Advertisement

hello all .just wondering is there any body from the borough league that is ment to messure the lenght and height of the boards .because a friend of mine was playing recently on a board in a certain pub in the monday night league and all his team said the throw was way off.needless to say they won well in the end, but i taught there was someone that went out and done messurements at the start of the season..?

Advertisement