Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resuables vs. disposables

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Khannie wrote:
    Heh. Yup! Though this is what my mother did with me. Disposables were around at the time, but she didn't like the idea of them, so stuck with the toweling nappies (we're talking mid-70's here, so no liners, bulky yokes, etc.).

Yeah, I've heard all about the terry nappies & rubber pants from older family members who see the kids clothies, they can't believe how much they have changed....no more soaking in a bucket & trying to lift dripping into the machine - thank goodness! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I wore them, as did younger siblings and cousins. The first time I remember seeing a disposable was when a friend of my mother's came to stay with her daughter. Fine, to a point, but those rubber pants could really mark your legs.

Advertisement