Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harp.

Options
  • 19-07-2006 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I'd really love to learn the classial harp or irish harp, but i'm having problems finding a teacher.
    I'm based in cork city, but i'd like to stear away from the school of music. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I know there are a few harp festivals around the country but I don't know who in Cork does it. They offer harp lessons in the UCC music course so there must be people around who teach it. Also I saw someone playing one in Blarney Woollen Mills a while back for the tourists.
    Maybe try the trad forum or the cork forum or you could ask in Pro musica or put a notice up. They sell harps, I saw one in the window a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mrhydeandseek

On the opening of The Girl Who Was Death by Devil Doll there is a beautiful harp opening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The Irish Harp Orchestra are based in Castleconnell, its a 15 minute drive from Limerick city out the dublin road. I dunno if they do lessons but if not maybe they can put you in touch with someone who might?

Advertisement