Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking News: Barca Snatch Thuram And Zambrotta

• 19-07-2006 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

Breaking News: Barca Snatch Thuram And Zambrotta

Barcelona have reportedly reached an agreement with Juventus for defenders Zambrotta and Thuram.

The deal will see 19 million Euros exchange hands, subject to Barcelona reaching agreements with the two players.

The negotiations with the players should be concluded this evening, following which a formal announcement could be made.

Barca bosses landed in Turin yesterday and held initial talks, but promptly concluded the deal today, beating the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid and Milan to Zambrotta.

That a court order directing Barcelona to hold elections immediately was issued today is rumoured to have played an important role in the quick agreement, as Barca were earlier looking to peg Juve back to 15 million

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=96511

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Good land if they get Zambrotta. Thuram is getting a little old now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

thuram wont get a look in over marquez and puyol. zambrotta will have little trouble starting ahead of gio and sylvinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I think £19million is to expenisve for those 2 players myself. Zambrotta is 29 and Thuram is 33/34, i think. They must be paying around £15 so for zambrotta and the rest for Thuram. They will be 2 good signings and barca need to strengten at the back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd say it's more like €17 million for Zambrotta and €2m for Thuram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Looks to me that this is an indication that Juve are throwing in the towel already before Saturday's appeal.

Yeah most of the fee will definitely going for Zambrotta. Thuram will be good backup for a year or so but no more than that, I think Juve probably let him go for a 2/3 million as he would have been a high wage earner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looks to me that this is an indication that Juve are throwing in the towel already before Saturday's appeal.

well they are gonna be relegated, regardless of the appeal. they're just trying to avoid the 30 points reduction. Either way, Thuram and Zambrotta wouldnt stick around for Serie B, so they are dead right to cash in now before anything is confirmed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

well they're going to playing in serie B regardless of the appeal.

I think Juventus are doing pretty well under the circumstances, they signed Boijnov, are keeping Del Piero and Nedved, said they will keep Trezeguet unless an offer over 20million comes in and are now deciding to keep Buffon, even with the minues 30 points, Juventus could easily make it to serie A in one season judging by their squad, remember all they need is 6th place and they get in the play offs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Zambrotta would be possibly the best signing I could think of for Barcelona, of any player in the world. Thuram, meh, couldn't hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I think £19million is to expenisve for those 2 players myself. Zambrotta is 29 and Thuram is 33/34, i think.
    Well its Euros, which is just under £13million, for both players - thats a bargain! Real Madrid have been caught napping methinks.

SofaKing wrote:
    Well its Euros, which is just under £13million, for both players - thats a bargain! Real Madrid have been caught napping methinks.

Actually Juventus said they prefered Barcelona's non aggressive approach enquiring about their players to Real Madrid's aggresive approach and don't want Capello, the man who abandoned them at a time they needed him most, stealing their players

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Skysports are saying that Real have signed Cannavaro and Emerson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's not all bad news for Juve...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul19j.html

Buffon, Del Piero and Nedved to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Skysports are saying that Real have signed Cannavaro and Emerson?

According to the Real website they have, but can you trust them? :D

confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Thuram and Zambrotta to Barce, with Cannivaro and Emerson to Real Madrid.

And I thought the Premiership was the best league in the world ;)

Advertisement