Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is Benjamin Breeg?

• 19-07-2006 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

there is nothing on wikipedia.org and google just keeps talking about the song The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg. on Blabbermouth.com Steve Harris says "you'll have to find out for yourself" which suggests to me that he exists/existed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Marts wrote:
    there is nothing on wikipedia.org and google just keeps talking about the song The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg. on Blabbermouth.com Steve Harris says "you'll have to find out for yourself" which suggests to me that he exists/existed

Maybe Harris is ****ing with you? Never heard of the guy myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Marts wrote:
    on Blabbermouth.com Steve Harris says "you'll have to find out for yourself" which suggests to me that he exists/existed

Not necessarily, it could be an anagram:
    BERGMAN JIB NEE -> maybe he was born Bergman Jib!!
    BANGER BEEN JIM
    BANG BEN, ERE JIM!
    JAB BEN, REIGN ME -> maybe he's going to stab a king named Ben and take over his position as king!!
    BRA BEN GENE JIM -> Jim Marshall, Gene Simmons and Ben....eh...jones wear bras!
    JANE BEG BEN RIM -> i think this explains itself...

ill stop now.

...or some sort of code...or it could be backwards! Benjamin Breeg --> Geerb Nimajneb!! maybe its an Indian name or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

maybe... I suppose it could be the next Ziggy Stardust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

it could be the next Ziggy Stardust

Or the next Chris Gaines... :p:confused:

www.benjaminbreeg.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That website only came up less than a month ago. I'd say someone put it up for the laugh, it's the only mention of the guy on the internet that doesn't include Maiden

EDIT: Actually..just lookin at that site again, says the guy disappeared in 1978. Wouldn't that have been around the same time that Eddie first appeared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Bruce Dickinson wrote 2 novels - one of which is called The Adventures of Lord Iffy Boatrace (yes, you read that correctly).

Perhaps it's a character from one of his novels?

I've never read his books...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Not necessarily, it could be an anagram:
    BERGMAN JIB NEE -> maybe he was born Bergman Jib!!
    BANGER BEEN JIM
    BANG BEN, ERE JIM!
    JAB BEN, REIGN ME -> maybe he's going to stab a king named Ben and take over his position as king!!
    BRA BEN GENE JIM -> Jim Marshall, Gene Simmons and Ben....eh...jones wear bras!
    JANE BEG BEN RIM -> i think this explains itself...

ill stop now.

...or some sort of code...or it could be backwards! Benjamin Breeg --> Geerb Nimajneb!! maybe its an Indian name or something!

Oh shut up, MagnumForce. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Fozzy wrote:
    That website only came up less than a month ago. I'd say someone put it up for the laugh, it's the only mention of the guy on the internet that doesn't include Maiden

EDIT: Actually..just lookin at that site again, says the guy disappeared in 1978. Wouldn't that have been around the same time that Eddie first appeared?

I reckon that site has some kind of band involvement - not a publicity stunt as such (they don't need it) but just something to keep people amused.

Eddie's first appearance...I'm not sure, but I'd say 1978 is accurate. In those days he was just a head above the drumkit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Agent_X

peter1892 wrote:
    I reckon that site has some kind of band involvement - not a publicity stunt as such (they don't need it) but just something to keep people amused.

Eddie's first appearance...I'm not sure, but I'd say 1978 is accurate. In those days he was just a head above the drumkit...

and he was known as eddie the 'ead back then.

"In one of these was a photo of a family member who I didn't recognise."

and that just happened to be benjamin breeg ayy wotever!!

"It took over a year of visiting places and people before I managed to piece together enough information to create this website. "

y waste your time and money, thats soooo fake!!!

benjamin breeg is either a figment of steve's imagaination, sum old soldier, or sum long lost aunty whom he always thought was an uncle coz of the name and who kept her own surname.

Advertisement