Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New connections ...

• 19-07-2006 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Anyone out there in the process of or just completed a self build ?
    Thing is I'm just starting mine and I believe I should be applying for water,
    gas, elec. connections now ... Can yez tell me how I go about these
    applications ... Is there forms to be filled in etc ...
    Thanks in advance ...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

We have quite a few users who have done or are in the process of a selfbuild. yop has a great blog in his sig which you should check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Yea I've been thru Yop's blog a number of times for different reasons but nothing about the paperwork involved with connections ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

hi salem,

i'm in the process now (self build) in order for us to answer the questions
    you have,

Is the house in an urban or rural setting? how far are your closest neighbours?

what type of water schemes are available (if any) is it group water scheme
    private well or "normal" public supply, telephone lines, esb lines nearby etc etc that would give posters an idea of where to begin

Advertisement