Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Game for Nintendo DS

Options
  • 19-07-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi all, hope someone can help me . We were in Florida recently and as I had read here that DS games were compatable with Euro players I bought my 8 yo a Nintendogs game . It seems to load and play but not all the options within the game become available , We checked with her friend when we got back and the game just won't play fully. Can anyone suggest a solution or is it that U.S games just are not suitable? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What options aren't available? Are you sure they just done need to be unlocked by playing through the game?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Tazzle

There is absolutely no region locking in the DS, the only compatibility issue is that you cannot play a USA game over WiFi with a Euro game. So the issue must lie with the game. More than that I cannot tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Tazzle wrote:
    the only compatibility issue is that you cannot play a USA game over WiFi with a Euro game.

Even that limitation rarely holds true. I don't know if it's a strict policy they're following, but so far Nintendo have made sure that any online game can be played against any other, regardless of region or language. I don't know if its the same for local wireless play, but I've yet to have any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Iv a US copy of mario cart and a DS for that matter,and i can play online and local wireless with euro ppl no problem at all. As was already said, theres no region lock on ds games.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Thanks guys, don't know much about these myself but my 8 y.o. daughters friend has the very same game and the USA one will not perform on her console either and she seems pretty familiar with the options. I may take it to one of the game shops otherwise I have to wait for Walmart to open over here:(

gernon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

As someone said, it's possible that everything is in your daughter's game that's in her friend's, but it may be hidden until your daughter plays the game enough or acheives some specific goal. If you post more specific information about what's missing, I'm sure there's some friendly Nintendog fan* around here who can confirm it.

Also, there are four different versions of Nintendogs, and each one gives you different options to begin with. (Don't worry, you can eventually unlock everything in each different one, it's only different at the start ;))

* Nintendogger? Giggidy giggidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I had the US version of Nintendogs (Lab) and it played without a problem on my euro DS
    I've spotted (no pun intended :p) no differences between it and the euro version of the dalmatian edition...

your daughter's friend is talking crap tbh
    you have to play this game quite a lot before it opens up

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, you have to play this game for hours and hours to unlock stuff. Your daughters friend has probably put alot of hours in, and has unlocked most of the toys etc. that are locked to new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Thanks everyone, I'll tell her to persist.

Advertisement