Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiles and floors in Limerick

Options
  • 19-07-2006 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all,

In need of good quality tilers and people to lay wooden floors for a new build in Castleconnell, co. Limerick. Has anyone got any reccomendations????

Thanks,

Damian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Got mine done by Kieran Cussen with Pat Hickey tiles, did an amazing job on the whole place. Guy is a perfectionist and well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My tiler did a great job, but he has sworn off doing another tiling job for a while. :)

What part of Castleconnell are you moving into, Damian? Just moved into Castle Rock myself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

Bought a house in Castlerock myself, should hopefully be finished in October. Did you get them to leave the bathroom fitings off till after the tiler was finished by any chance?? Not sure how I should go about this.

Thanks for the name ginger will check him out.

Nope, mine was more or less finished (by the builders) when I bought it, so all the f&f were already in. My tiler had to cut tiles to go around the toilet/sink pedestal.

Where in the estate is your house?

My tiler just removed the sink and toilet, tiled it and then seated them back in. Very nice job he did too.

• Advertisement

I bought number 11 just where the building is going on at the moment. That would be the second house in mid-terraced. House is making good progress but will have to see how much the builders holidays set it back! Do you like living in castlerock?

Ginger: I Quite like the sounds of this guy from hickeys. Was he very expensive??? did he charge a lot for taking the suite out and puttign it bak in????

The quote I got was around 5.5K for tiles and labour and that 4 bathrooms and my kitchen floor and surrounds. House is 1600 sq ft so its a big kitchen. Also that inicluded a solid wooden floor in the sitting room.

I dont know what the normal cost is. But seemingly the guys who did a lot fo places in the estate, took out the suite as normal.

Now this bloke took the showers off the walls and tiled them and then refitted them.

dohda wrote:
    Do you like living in castlerock?
    Yeah I do actually. Its really quiet there at night, and its a nice area. So what are the newer houses going for? Mine (phase 1) was €195,000, I assume they went up a bit for your phase?

260 for the 4 bed!

thanks for all the help folks. will make my life a lot easier in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

if you can, get them to leave out the bathroom fittings until after your tiling is done. I've heard of a couple of cases of serious leaks developing if they're removed afterwards to put in tiles. Alternatively your tiler could cut around them, but they don't like doing it. As it's a new build, the builders should have no problem with this and they can come back and install them after your tiles are done.

Advertisement