Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Recommendations

Options
  • 19-07-2006 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Hies,

I need a wireless router to that will work with my NTL Cable Modem. I have a Netgear WGR614v2(had, it got fired, hence the topic), but when I connect the cable modem to it I get very choppy and unstable speeds, as opposed to connectin the modem directly to my PC via ethernet. Will all routers do this? any suggestions on what I should do? I was thinking of getting a wireless router, and an ethernet card, so I could connect the cable modem to my pc, then use the second ethernet port and share the internet wirelessly with my network.

Good idea/bad idea?

Thanks

[edit] or could I just get a wireless network card? would that work? Could my other pc connect to me, or would there have to be a router involved?

Advertisement