Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man V Man action Shoot

Options
  • 19-07-2006 11:36pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What exactly is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

When I hear the phrase, this is the mental image I get: :D

gunfight.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

well if i ever had to do that i think i'd use something more advanced than an 18c Peacemaker, i'd use something more along the lines of, hmmmmm, Walther P99 or Colt Full Auto (MAYBE a minigun (but only if it was my first time because i'd be a bit nervous and would DEFINATELY want them on the ground before me))

I always thought that Man V Man was two guys shooting targets, highest score wins thing, is it not?

do you ever get courses or are there only, stand 20m away and shoot the target, then 10m away and shoot. do you ever get courses with people popping out of windows? Like the sort of thing used to train the cadets in police academy 1 (i know a childish film)

ohh yea and the only reason i would want the full auto Colt is so i could hit the other person and fast and not really have tho waste time (which in a duel you don't have much of) on aiming, that's the only reason i would want the Colt full auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

A Colt full auto????Do you mean a colt M16 ,which is a rifle.Or a full auto 1911 pistol??Wouldnt want one of those in a duel the first two shots will be somwhere in the target area.The remainder will be an accute danger to low flying birds or aircraft,as that is where the muzzle on a full auto pistol generally points,if you are not trained on it.

A Colt full auto????Do you mean a colt M16 ,which is a rifle.Or a full auto 1911 pistol??Wouldnt want one of those in a duel the first two shots will be somwhere in the target area.The remainder will be an accute danger to low flying birds or aircraft,as that is where the muzzle on a full auto pistol generally points,if you are not trained on it.

well i meant the pistol but you wouldn't hold it till it was empty. it would be "get lead in him then if you miss centre mass and only stun then aim while they are dazed (unless they surrender)"

• Advertisement

Whupass, please just relax on the talking nonsense willya?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

ah come on civ you posted the pic!!

Touché

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

civdef wrote:
    Whupass, please just relax on the talking nonsense willya?

I am still scratching my head trying to get some meaning out of the previous poster's burble....

Note to Whupass:- We are big boys in this forum and by the nature of firearms we take our sport maturely and responsibly.

Feel free to join us but please leave the 'pretend I know everything but actually know damn all' kind of talk out of it.
    We will give you all the help and advice you want but please dont try to blind or bluff your way around us as we really do know our stuff here and are very good bullsh1t detectors.:)

All youthfullness aside,

What exactly is a Man v Man? Is it some western duel? Or one on one 10 shot final kinda thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

ASFIK it is a cowboy action shooting type match.Which is supposed to stimulate who is quicker on the draw.Or it could be the old type dueling society trying to be PC.That was fun.You and your "opponent "stood at the firing line with your BP pistols,you had two sthilloute targets in front of you repersenting your oppo.There was a "christmas tree"style light arangement,which gave you the count down,from cocking hammer to firing. and then out of duel if you didnt fire within 5 seconds.It was simple either a hit dead centre,and you had won,or a miss you had lost.
    Of course the PC loons got involved claiming the target was too human in shape and the head was replaced with a box,then there was too much pressure on it ,so methinks it died out in the UK.Pity,it was fun while it lasted.

For the record I'm guessing it involves shooting at steel plates, fastest to knock all targets wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Man V Man 'games' can take many forms and are very much to the discretion of whoever sets them up.

Previously in Newry we have set up six skittles in front of each shooter on the firing line (2 competitors). On the command you commence firing, no ammo limit and first one to knock all of his own targets wins.

Can do similar with novelty targets,ie poppers, falling plates, clay pigeons etc.

Another great game is the 'Duelling Tree'. Loads of ammo required.

Im sure there are many more of these type of games out there that I just havent encountered yet. If you get a chance to try them, go for it,
    Fast, furious and great fun.

Advertisement