Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 7 Sephiroth Defeated vid

Options
  • 20-07-2006 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone remember when u defeat sephiroth and the video that kicks in where cloud goes crazy and does his final limit break on sephiroth (with blood)

That was my defining moment of of ff to answer another threads question
    I have looked on youtube and google vid and no luck
    FF7 PS1

Ty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

When he does Omnishlash? It's the same Omnislash as any other afaik, then at the end of it the big CGI end movie kicks in, the only bit of blood I can recall is the little bit trinkling down Sephiroths forehead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Omnislash is used during the in game engine.

If you want the FFVII videos you can rip them from the original PS1 CDs using PSX multi converter (PSXMC). I'm sure www.zophar.net has it or a quick google will bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

Ah, but afaik they used an improved engine just for that fight, so they could make Cloud and Seph's faces look better. Play it through again, you'll see what I mean. It looks much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭The Filth

U guys sure i was certain i remembered cloud going crazy and slashing sepheroth like 10 times in the stomach in a big cgi movie??
    Might just try and download it and play it on the pc again... anyone done this?

And i agree with u nick the engine was defo different looked amazing!!
    Defo my fav game moment eva

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It wasn't cgi no. To the best of my recollection, it was a regular enough battle only with an entirely black badkground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i think the camera moved around a bit more in the omnislash part, but it was defo the normal fighting engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The Filth wrote:
    U guys sure i was certain i remembered cloud going crazy and slashing sepheroth like 10 times in the stomach in a big cgi movie??
    Might just try and download it and play it on the pc again... anyone done this?

And i agree with u nick the engine was defo different looked amazing!!
    Defo my fav game moment eva

No its a normal "battle" in so much as it uses the same engine as the regular battles but spehiroth doesn’t attack and cloud go's medieval on sephiroths ass with omnislash regardless of if you dont have omnislash or the limit breaker fuled up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

bizmark wrote:
    No its a normal "battle" in so much as it uses the same engine as the regular battles but spehiroth doesn’t attack and cloud go's medieval on sephiroths ass with omnislash regardless of if you dont have omnislash or the limit breaker fuled up.
    Actually sephiroth does attack. If u wait and let him. I tried to be weird and finish him with bladebeam.:) .
    So in almost all regards cept the build of ur limit break its a normal fight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I beat him with one normal attack as well on the last time I played it. It's defo in game engine. Omnislash looks a little different since the camera is different for that fight.

I actually waited for ages but he never attacked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

i don't know for a fact, but it definitely looks like a modified engine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7lohID9UE

i know the camera is different too, but the faces were never that good throughout the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

First time I played I had on counter attack and didnt see the cool omnislash cause sephiroth died. I felt sick for the rest of the bloody day:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I beat him with one normal attack as well on the last time I played it. It's defo in game engine. Omnislash looks a little different since the camera is different for that fight.

I actually waited for ages but he never attacked me.

He attacked me though. Did about 3thou dmg aswell. Maybe u have to attack him and not kill him to provoke him or something??. So it is a normal fight.
    Oh and also the graphics are better than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It's not a normal fight in the sense that you can't actually lose it or get killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

The graphics arent better, theres just a black backround so they can put more pixels on the characters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shortie989

it def uses d same battle engine but the graphics wer better. Check little details like clouds belt it has a design and der faces and simple stuf like dat, but otherwise it was normal.

BEST ENDING EVER!!

although i don't no why evry1 is sayin dey attacked normaly cos ur limit gauge instantly fills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Barry.S

Yeah Cloud and Sephiroth definately look a lot better in that fight. (In a completely non-homosexual, graphix orientated kind of way)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Has anyone seen the videos on youtube where Sephiroth fights himself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu5Rfby5Eok

Also at the side there's everone else vs Sephiroth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Yeh but this one is more deserved...

Sephiroth Vs. Aeris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4xL-AretME

Uber FF7 character hacking FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

A black playstation job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

He does attack if you wait long enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement