Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deepforde

Options
  • 20-07-2006 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am in the process of signing for a 3-bed in Deepforde and wanted to see if there ios anyone else out there that have purchased or have any views on the development - pros, cons, problems.......

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Some comments here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=163909&page=9

Will be interesting to see how it goes when the new shopping centre (Colpe Cross/Gragerath) is ready.

I was asking all sorts of questions about buying in Drogheda this time last year, and got plenty of help from that thread there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 *Dudette*

I am in the process myself of buying a 3 bed semi. We put a deposit down nearly 2 weeks ago and we were told to have the rest of the deposit within 2 to 3 weeks. Haven't heard anything from them since.

Have you signed already?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As a Grange Rath resident I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all to the neighbourhood :D

Dub in Louth, I see by your name that you like me are a blow in from the big smoke, although we in Grange Rath are in Co. Meath, you may be as well so a name change may be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Hey all,

Fingers crossed i should be signing tomorrow or monday. The builders took their time with the snag. But they are very helpful.

As for my name - the builders are still saying it is County Louth, so i am sticking with them!!

Anybody got any news on Colpe Cross? Is Tesco going in?

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

No word on when the real work will start on the centre, but it has been said that Superquinn will be the main tenant. At this early stage tho' it could easily change.

• Advertisement

Dub in Louth - Thats great, we are signing tomorrow too! All exciting now.....How long exactly did the builders take to come back on the snag?

Good news Dudette. Are you in a 3 or 5 bed house?

it took them about 2 weeks to do the snag. but i wasn't pressureising them as it suited me.

Got the keys yesterday. hope to get started on decorated next week:)

We are in a 3 bed.......do ye mind me asking who ye got to do your snag???? I would rather someone recommended someone instead of picking someone out of the yellow pages or something!!....What price range are ye looking at for a snag (if ye don't mind telling me of course!!)

Hi Dudette,

I used www.homesnag.ie They were really good. €300 for the 3-bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sinead.s

Hi all

Im just in the process of buying a 3 bed semi in Deepforde
    and well im just looking on some feedback in relation to the quality of
    the work in the houses.
    Did everything run smoothly???

I would appreciate all kinds of advice..
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

jaysus grangerath is huge!!

i personally wouldn't like to live there but then i'm a country fella

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

its actually county meath even though it is drogheda. as you drive from balbriggan to drogheda, you enter meath at gormanston and delvin estuary then leave meath just north of deepforde.

you're now, like me, officially boggers.

wouldve loved a house there, were FTBs and couldnt afford it. we had to stump for my hometown of balbriggan.... pity they were so expensive, the developers upped the price because they new the city slickers would willingly pay it as grange rath prices had soared. all the same, the best of luck, it looks very nice.

And remember, Meath usually means cheaper house and car insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Best of luck to all who bought in Deepforde. Looks like a lovely estate, all ive seen so far is beemers and mercs!!

~Leanne~ wrote:
    Best of luck to all who bought in Deepforde. Looks like a lovely estate, all ive seen so far is beemers and mercs!!
    That would be the estate developers :D

Hi Sinead,

I have just moved into Deepforde, and i am very happy with the quality of the house. the finish on them is excellent. I know the prices were a bit steep for Drogheda but they are much better value than Grange Rath. You get lost when you go in there. You will be very happy with your purchase in Deepforde. And there is only 200 houses going up.

Leanne
    I couldn't afford a top beamer or merc, never mind the real thing!!!!!!:D

Hi Sinead,

I have just moved into Deepforde, and i am very happy with the quality of the house. the finish on them is excellent. I know the prices were a bit steep for Drogheda but they are much better value than Grange Rath. You get lost when you go in there. You will be very happy with your purchase in Deepforde. And there is only 200 houses going up.

Leanne
    Well since 4 bed semi's are going for €400,000 at the moment in Grange Rath and Deepforde's 3 bed semi's were going for the same price, I don't see where the value is coming from.

You'll also be thankful for Grange Rath when we build our mega shopping centre :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Leanne

Hehe!!

Well i currently rent in Grange Rath and i hate the place with a passion.
    I have noisy Spanish one side of me and they shout at all hours of the night!!

Its a horrible estate, too many houses squeased together and the house im in ( a 4 bed) is constantly cold with heating on all time.

Well Leanne,

our house is constantly boiling. when you have the heating on for 20 minutes, it keeps the house warm for about 2-3 hours. they are really well insulated.

Delly
    I will be glad when the shopping centre goes in, and i will also be glad that all the traffic going to it is not in my estate!!!!

I dunno, here I am trying to be all welcoming to the newest batch of blow ins and all I get is a childsplay version of estate wars :rolleyes:.

Seriously tho', I'm not too worried about any parking influx when the centre is built as the main entrance is going to be situated on the old N1 itself not to far from the Deepforde entrance. Also a pretty severe restriction plan has been discussed and will be implamented as soon as the centre is in place that will make anybody think twice about using the estate as a some form of parking bay. Its pretty good that we have a great residents association in Grange Rath, you should actually get the ball rolling about doing the same in Deepforde as once the council recognises it, any dealings with the council are a lot easier.

As a matter of interest , is there any management company or maintenance fee in Deepforde?

• Advertisement

Hi Delly,

Sorry about the silly estate bashing. Lets agree that we both like our own estate:)

I am sure colpe Cross will be great for the area. Do you know when building is due to commence?Or when it is due to open?

On the management fee - we have to pay 200 euros a year. not too sure what it is for yet as we dont even have a green area to speak of yet and we pay for our own bins!!!

Lol, not to worry, lets just say that all estates that are near Drogheda, but in Co. Meath are the best, (thats a joke to all my Co. Louth friends :p).

The work on the centre was already have meant to be started by now, but I know that they are still busy with the estate itself, last count was over 900 units in total :eek:. Latest talk is that the work will commence in Spring 2007 and it is also said that Superquinn could be the anchor tenant, but its a bit early to say at this stage.

In relation to the maintenance fee, we pay €200 as well which I couldn't believe we had to when moved in. It turns out Meath Co. Co. really have no input to our estate which I think is a bit of a cop out. All bin services are privately run, and I'll never forget the first day I put the bin out which was at the house when I got it and the binman said it wasn't there bin, I laughed and asked who elses bin would it be, its then he explained how it worked.

The maintenance fee has nothing to do with the bins, but is more for the grass cutting and litter. Tbh the price we pay is well worth it as the green areas are very well maintained and any trees that need replacing are done so quiet promptly. I think the estate generally looks better as it is privately maintained. Although your green areas aren't in place yet, the money you put into it helps to build up the 'sink fund' which is used to cover future costs or once off large costings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

The maintenance fee has nothing to do with the bins, but is more for the grass cutting and litter. Tbh the price we pay is well worth it as the green areas are very well maintained and any trees that need replacing are done so quiet promptly. I think the estate generally looks better as it is privately maintained. Although your green areas aren't in place yet, the money you put into it helps to build up the 'sink fund' which is used to cover future costs or once off large costings.

I have to say I beginning to warm to the idea of the maintenance fee. We have to do the "residents association collection" thing and you'd probably not be surprised at how many of your neighbours wouldn't pay a lousy €50 when the BMW and SUV's are sitting outside their houses. The same people then have no problem giving out at the AGM about the committee etc. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

I live up the road from you lot, Wheaton Hall, the management fee is about 100 euro and a bit. I agree with delly and others, as the money go into keeping the place clean and tidy. I was used to > 400 euro a year in Dublin, and the new rate was music to me!

As for the refuse collection, I have a composter, and I use the bottle bank for milk and drink cans, and green bin for all sorts of plastic and wrapping, my black bin is only once in a month, or six weeks even!

Dub in Louth - well how are you settling in in DeepForde? I should be getting the keys this week. The bank have been dragging their heals so far so I am not counting my chickens just yet........So fill me in on everything!!!!:p

Hi Dudette,

Good news for you in getting your keys.

One word of warning. I did not know that the shower in the Ensuite would be fitted when you get your tiles done so i went and bought one. And when i asked them to fit it for me, I found out that they install one!!!!

Also getting my kitchen done today. If yours does not go all the way to the wall, make sure you ask them to finish the kitchen for you.

The builders are pretty easy to deal with and the foreman is really nice.

So welcome to the neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Hi Dub in louth I also bought a 3 bed in Deepforde although we asked about the shower in the bathroom when we realised it wasn't already installed. Michael explained that they fit it after you get the tiles! Have to say delighted with the house so far and a lot of them still seem empty? Wonder when everyone is moving in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gal123

Hi,

HAs anyone recently bought a 3 bed house in Deepforde, myself and my boyfriend were looking, but they seem to be sold out. Was anyone told any different because I think the seller is a bit inconsistent in terms of whether there is actually any houses left, but yet is oushing us to give him a deposit, cannot get the truth out of him, not prepared to give him a deposit if all the houses are sold, Anyone else speaking to him in the last few weeks??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mel_matthews

Gal123 wrote: »
    Hi,

HAs anyone recently bought a 3 bed house in Deepforde, myself and my boyfriend were looking, but they seem to be sold out. Was anyone told any different because I think the seller is a bit inconsistent in terms of whether there is actually any houses left, but yet is oushing us to give him a deposit, cannot get the truth out of him, not prepared to give him a deposit if all the houses are sold, Anyone else speaking to him in the last few weeks??

hi
    any luck on a house??we recently bought a 3 bed house in deepforde in may and i got the impression they tell u they're sold out but they're actually not. we wer going up to talk to him bout a house and he rang us 1/2 hour before to say it was sold but he had another one a few doors up that jus went back on the market. i think there was talk of building 4 3 beds intsead in 2 5 beds up the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Gal123

Hi Mel, no luck with Deepforde, got fed up with being messed around and didn't know where we stood, we actually bought a 3 bed semi in Termonfeckin for 220 and its turn key, It looks similar to Deepforde and is 1,199sq ft. Very happy with it. The builders will be starting on it this week. Have you moved into Deepforde yet?

Advertisement