Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tow Bar for 03 Golf

Options
  • 20-07-2006 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get a tow bar fitted to a 03 Golf (old model). I am in the South East anyone on here supply and fit or just fit for a reasonable price. Preferably Waterford/South Kilkenny/New Ross/Wexford town area.

Also is there much to fitting a tow bar, is it something a relative novice could do. Any tips ye might have would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rebel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Henderson Towbars make pretty nice ones. They are based in part of the old Ford plant in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I fitted the tow bar on my last Golf (MKIV also) and it's a bitch of a job. The bumper and back lights have to come off and a section has to be cut from the bumper also. Leave it to the experts I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Cork Rebel

Anyone in Wexford, Waterford or Cork fit tow bars for a reasonable price?

Thanks

Rebel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Tow-Fit in Portloaise are very reasonable and will travel (within reason) to fit Tow Bars. Think it should be relatively cheap for an old model golf as you don't need the wiring loom bypass.

Tow-Fit Ltd
    Borrislittle Portlaoise Laois T (086)2774432

That's from Golden pages but they do have a landline, can't find it anywhere though.

Advertisement