Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can the o2 website get any worse?

• 20-07-2006 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

There must be one monkey running that o2 website on their own, as anyone who uses the webtext, its down more often than up and now even their online top-up doesnt even work. I registered my credit card a few weeks ago and topped up a few times with it, now it says my credit card is not authorised, then if you want to register a card, they need to send you a 5 digit access code which they cant because of technical problems.

edit: now they seem to be able to send 5 digit access code, no use though as it says "Sorry, we cannot authorise this card. Please ensure all details are correct or contact your card issuer to verify the status of your account"

Hmmm, but its the same credit card that ye let me register a few weeks ago with the same details, that I can use no problem everywhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

There must be one monkey running that o2 website on their own, as anyone who uses the webtext, its down more often than up and now even their online top-up doesnt even work. I registered my credit card a few weeks ago and topped up a few times with it, now it says my credit card is not authorised, then if you want to register a card, they need to send you a 5 digit access code which they cant because of technical problems.
    They aren't the only ones. after spending about 15 mins on the vodafone website the other day i sent them this
    I just want to point that the Vodafone.ie website has become so slow
    >that it is not worth having.
    >
    >I am having slow loads of web pages and billing inforation.
    >It really has become "painful" to use.
    >I dont know why anybody would consider going to non paper billing.
    >I feel like im using a 56k dial up connection, actually it probaly
    >slower I have a broadband connection at speed of ~1MB/s and new
    >computer.
    >Im getting continious timeouts, repeated login requests.
    >Why are the bill details stored as images anyway surely if they were
    >stored as text they would save space on your servers and load faster
    >on my computer!
    >
    >I prefer to do all my business over the web and having a website like
    >this would really put me off renewing my contract with Vodafone.
    >
    >On the good sie great job putting that add contact at the bottom of
    >sent message makes it a lot easier instead of that anoying popup
    >window comming up.
    >
    >Hope this helps
    followed by reply

Thank you for contacting us with your query. Please accept our
    apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Thank you for your feedback I have escalated the details of your mail
    to the Web Developers.

If you have any further queries, please call us on FreeFone 1907 and
    we will be happy to assist you.

Yours sincerely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

JoeySully wrote:
    They aren't the only ones. after spending about 15 mins on the vodafone website the other day i sent them this email

followed by reply

its hardly as if the guy answering the emails is going to redesign the site is it?
    he sent on the info and got back to let you know he did.

what more could you want?
    besides a working site of course............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Also- Meteor website is really slow. Got a bit faster recently. They changed the website a few days ago and cant log in since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

subway wrote:
    its hardly as if the guy answering the emails is going to redesign the site is it?
    he sent on the info and got back to let you know he did.

what more could you want?
    besides a working site of course............

Actually yeah. generally vodafone are so slow it jus might be a one man company :D
    sitting in his office with a PC with worth 50 quid 4 200gig hd to store all the info on you and fellow customers.
    a cup of coffe while answering the phone and updating the website at the same time. then in the evening the wife come in and make up all the bills and sends them off
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

you might be thinking of santy claus ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Maybe this is all a cunning ploy by O2 (and Vodafone) to keep us off their websites so that we can't send free texts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭tricky@

kc66 wrote:
    Also- Meteor website is really slow. Got a bit faster recently. They changed the website a few days ago and cant log in since.

yeah agree with you on that one. very hit and miss lately as regards to being able to log in and even when you do the pages are slow to load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

finally got logged into meteor. never saw it as fast. maybe thats cos everyone thinks its down and is not using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭tricky@

kc66 wrote:
    finally got logged into meteor. never saw it as fast. maybe thats cos everyone thinks its down and is not using it.

I'm still having problems with My Meteor. I Can access it....the very odd time. You would think that a company that is trying to make serious inroads into the irish mobile market would make more of an effort to make value added services like this available at all times to its customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I frequently use my meteor and my vodafone. Fequently as in once per day and unlike you I rarely experience any problems. Usually when I cannot get into the vodafone website I just do it again about 30 seconds later!

• Advertisement
Advertisement