Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Provider

Options
  • 20-07-2006 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I am wondering can anyone provide me with some feedback on alarms. I am just about to move in and have heard on the board about lara alarms and that whoever you get must be certified. Has anyone used hardy alarms or can anyone recommend a good company to get an alarm from. I am anxious to get this done so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We used Lara alarms - their number might be in the handy numbers thread. It is a pretty basic set-up - sensors on all the windows and a motion detector. The sensors are not vibration ones; they just check if the window frame has been opened. Therefore they won't go off if the glass is broken. It cost about €550, and the guy was there on the dot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Thanks for that Eoin. ill check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

We use Eircom Phonewatch. it was about €300 for the installation and first 6 months monitoring. The sensors on all windows and the french doors are impact sensitive, so they do detect if someone is trying to break a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hc

We used Lazer alarms, absolutely no problems with them. Very friendly and helpful, and they did a reasonable basic package for the budget conscious! Can't remember how much but it was the best deal I could get. Have sensors on all windows etc.

Advertisement