Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frames in Visual Basic

Options
  • 20-07-2006 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm writing a programme in Visual Basic and it contains a number of option buttons. I've added a frame to the screen and placed the option buttons on it but now when it loads the option buttons aren't visible on the frame. there still there because if i click on where they are they appear, but this isn't much good to me as I need them to be visible when the form loads.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I take it this vb6? Are the option buttons visible on the frame in design mode? If not it might be as simple as clicking on the frame and selecting 'Send to Back' or the equivalent item.

I can't remember if vb6 option buttons have a parent property or not and I don't have it installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 holmsey

Yeah it's VB6. The option buttons do appear on the frame in design mode, they even appear for a split second when I run the program but then they disappear. I can still click on them and everything. I've tried 'bring to front' but it's made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Are you sure that the option buttons are placed on the frame and not the under the frame? See if you can drag them outside the borders of the frame, if you can then the option buttons are on the form and not the frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 holmsey

No there definitely on the frame I cut/paste them onto the frame from the form so if I try and move them I cant get them outside the borders of the frame.

Advertisement