Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlegrounds on your server

Options
  • 20-07-2006 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Now I'm not sure if it's just my level range (30-39, main is a lv38 rank 4 pally), or if Alliance is just crap at PvP on my server, but seriously, BGs on Kilrogg are starting to get really annoying. As in there being far too many idiots, people just out HK-farming to get their 10% sergeant's discount on their mount at 40, people who don't know how to make a raid group and won't invite people to a group, long queues a few nights of the week (BGs died from about 9pm last night), hunters who get to lv37 and still don't know how to set a trap on the flag, 6 ally vs 14 horde in Arathi Basin, raid leaders who spam the raid chat with "Horde are GAY" and "everyone get *insert lv39 hunter here*"... *sigh*
    Roll on cross-realm BGs. Seriously.

So my question to you all is what's the BG situation like on your server? Does Horde totally dominate like it does on Kilrogg? Do you have horribly long queues on one side? Or is it all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Happened on Khad.

We're losing on Aerie Peak atm, which is unusual on a normal realm.

Didnt lose once in 20-29... All my pvp friends are in 40-49 at the moment, so need to level faster... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Horde totally dominate in pug vs pug. In fixed teams both Alliance and Horde are pretty evenly matched with Horde being slightly better at times, although in general the Alliance have the advantage of better gear. The Alliance pug's and low lvl groups just seem to stay in midfield and farm kills rather than trying to get the flag which makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Most of the old serious Ally pvp players have rerolled Horde for the shorter queues.

Terenas is the server btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

World of Warcraft isnt a PVP orientated game. Infact the pvp is atrocious

There i said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Alliance pug's and low lvl groups just seem to stay in midfield and farm kills rather than trying to get the flag which makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    Happens way too often on my server. :( When they do, it usually ends up being a 9 minute 3-0 Horde victory. Also what really doesn't help in my division at the moment is that a lot of the good players have dinged 40 in the last week (including one that's now rank 6 at level 41) and nobody seems to want to listen to the 38-39s in the group if we try and talk tactics. I'm really tempted to just go grind out my 40 and get out of this hellhole division.

c0rk3r wrote:
    World of Warcraft isnt a PVP orientated game. Infact the pvp is atrocious

There i said it.

Fun though.

• Advertisement

Doing BGs on a PvE server just adds a bit of variety to the proceedings. Plus we've got cross-realm ones coming up in 1.12 :)

People can't seem to understand that you get 0 honor if you kill someone more than 3 times in the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Jaedenar is crap.

You can sit there for 60 mins waiting to enter the BG.

and when you do get on it's 3 v 3..

People on my server can't seem to understand a lot of things about BGs.. :(

That's not nice to hear about Jaedenar, I have a tauren druid there that I was contemplating levelling (she's called Nubcakes) :(

People can't seem to understand that you get 0 honor if you kill someone more than 3 times in the same day.

I was once told I was a stupid fool for pointing this out.

I was also abused when I pointed out we needed to attack, as we were 2-0 down, and forting wasn't working. :p

• Advertisement

I was also abused when I pointed out we needed to attack, as we were 2-0 down, and forting wasn't working. :p
    *sigh*
    In the group that I was in for a 7 vs 9 WSG last night, both sides seemed to be content to just stand and fight in the middle, and I got asked what was I doing when I went to sneak up around the side into the horde base and grab the flag... this match had been going on for 20 minutes and was still 0-0 at that stage... I mean, I'm a freaking paladin. There was a druid and a rogue in the group. Surely one of them would have gone for the flag while I ran with them and healed them. PuG's wreck my head sometimes.

Future note Kirby : Pally's can't sneak, you wear bright gold armor that rattles when you walk. Also all Horde have the Paladin Bloodlust racial.

Must...kill....bubbleboys....(or bubbleperson in your case)

Future note Kirby : Pally's can't sneak, you wear bright gold armor that rattles when you walk. Also all Horde have the Paladin Bloodlust racial.

Must...kill....bubbleboys....(or bubbleperson in your case)

I've had it for 3 weeks now.

Myself and some random priest came across a pvp enabled 'din in STV in Nesingwary's.

Obviously we attacked. 2 more came. Pallys that is.

Each of them bubble and healed several times. Each was also killed several times. :D

Back in 10-19, came across a Horde team, clearly new to the game, fighting allys new to the game. Was 0-0 and everyone was in the middle killing each other.

Easiest 3 caps I've ever made. :p

I've noticed too that one guaranteed way to divert horde attention in WSG from our flag carrier is to be a suicide-adin... When 6 horde are trying to kill the bubble-healing pally it keeps our flag carrier much safer! Horde paladin bloodlust can be good for an ally team :p

Nah, I usually /lol them and go find something else to kill.

Just managed to get the Horde SM sword, so I doubled my dps at lvl 34 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I havn't lost AB in about 3 weeks. Then again, I havn't been in a non premade raid in three weeks. We've gone against everything the alliance on our server had to throw at us and we usually win 5 flags to 0. Even against their best premade which would contain usually an ex grand marshal or two, a couple of marshals and nobody below their equivilant of stone gaurd. It's about tactics, communication and organisation, nothing else. They resort to zerging the farm flag so that we don't win with in 10 minutes. Then once we get farm they're all the way back at their entrance shack.

You lot using TS?

A guild with a good class mix and TS is unstoppable. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

You don't need TS or Vent if you can play well together with the same group and call out in raid chat reporting any movement in AB. After a while when you start playing with the same people you just sort of gel together.

After all my giving out, we actually had a better night tonight. A few of us got together, formed pretty much a premade group and fought really well. We won a few rounds of WSG and one AB, but we all had a really good time :)
    One of our best players dinged 40 straight afterwards though, so it's gonna be hard to replace him within the division. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Dont do PuGs! Just get a group together for your PvP and run it right. Personnaly if its not a guild group or a group of people I know well I wont PvP. Its just not worth the pain.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Kirby, add me to your friends list please.

I'm handy if you ever need a priest :) + I have a TS server if anyone here is interested.

char is BishopCasey.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What realm you on pete?

Binomate wrote:
    You don't need TS or Vent if you can play well together with the same group and call out in raid chat reporting any movement in AB. After a while when you start playing with the same people you just sort of gel together.

Definitely, mate. Noticed that myself a few times. Usually on the receiving end, bit since I rerolled things are picking up.

Oh and Rainbow, level faster. ;)

But I only have so much time to play WoW, and I find smashing Horde faces to be more fun than yet another mob-killing quest in Arathi Highlands or STV :p
    It's AB weekend this weekend, so solid AB for the weekend, then ding 39 when it's over, and then start panicking about money for a new set of armour at 40, plus lv40 skills... (paladin free mount ftw!)

You do know our realms will almost certainly be in the same BG group...

Paladin V Rogue fights ftw. :p

lol :)
    Today is yet another day of serious n00bage in Kilrogg 30-39... both sides zerging the middle and ignoring anyone who might suggest that they do otherwise... I've just logged out and I'm not going back on until my friends are ready for the SM run which is in the pipeline.
    Maybe I'll get to 39 tonight... just maybe.

Our Horde suck. And I mean suck. I've seen better performances without a raid.

I'm retiring until 40. That simple. Now I'm off to STV. Got 4 levels to ding this weekend.

Got my 39 this evening, after getting so pissed off with BGs that I actually decided to quest for the first time in a few days (made 50k exp in a few hours.. *grin*). Depending on my mood, I may ding 40 over the weekend, or I may leave it until Tuesday night for maximum Horde-squishing before new ranks are calculated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

on terenas with jim and if we put our guild team in without the crap alts we're pretty unstoppable. if we put in the best pvp'ers from our guild in with some of the best pvp'ers from other guilds we are unstoppable and most of us having obtained the pvp ranks we wanted or where able to obtain without rl falling apart relish the tough games we get off the alliance.

Just a query and some background. Terenas is a normal server fairly highly allianced biased however there is still at least 3 wsg's, a couple of ab's and an av up all day once they get started in the afternoon. the amount of bg's being limited by the horde ofc.

The server also has this kinda etiquette. the alliance and horde get on well together (we still want to kick the crap out of them etc) however there is some unspoken rules in bg and some stuff we on the horde at least don't typically use. As a flag running druid type i don't use free action pots, swiftness pots etc. I don't defend with the flag in the graveyard and our team doesn't graveyard camp. These to me are acceptable honourable rules in bg's. If a team then starts using FA etc i'll have no problem using it to balance the play. Anyway what i was wondering was that on your server are any of these things the norm. Or after reading the above do you go "omg everyone uses FA what are you talking about" and "of course we put the flag in the gy its the safest place" etc.

The xserver bg's are going to be interesting and i'm quite willing to adapt our play to anything that the other team feels is legit. My stacks of FA pots are waiting on an alt :)

• Advertisement

Dataisgod wrote:
    on terenas with jim and if we put our guild team in without the crap alts we're pretty unstoppable. if we put in the best pvp'ers from our guild in with some of the best pvp'ers from other guilds we are unstoppable and most of us having obtained the pvp ranks we wanted or where able to obtain without rl falling apart relish the tough games we get off the alliance.

Just a query and some background. Terenas is a normal server fairly highly allianced biased however there is still at least 3 wsg's, a couple of ab's and an av up all day once they get started in the afternoon. the amount of bg's being limited by the horde ofc.

The server also has this kinda etiquette. the alliance and horde get on well together (we still want to kick the crap out of them etc) however there is some unspoken rules in bg and some stuff we on the horde at least don't typically use. As a flag running druid type i don't use free action pots, swiftness pots etc. I don't defend with the flag in the graveyard and our team doesn't graveyard camp. These to me are acceptable honourable rules in bg's. If a team then starts using FA etc i'll have no problem using it to balance the play. Anyway what i was wondering was that on your server are any of these things the norm. Or after reading the above do you go "omg everyone uses FA what are you talking about" and "of course we put the flag in the gy its the safest place" etc.

The xserver bg's are going to be interesting and i'm quite willing to adapt our play to anything that the other team feels is legit. My stacks of FA pots are waiting on an alt :)

Only talking for Khadgar here, though Aerie Peak may get a mention, Khadgar was heavily Alliance biased, (80 - 20 by now) and it was all fun and games and niceness when everyone was slowly getting to 60 and only the pve nuts were at 60.

Eventually, a horde pvp guild called MEAN came about, who were the first dedicated pvp-team on the server. They tore through low level pvp, earning the hatred of the high-levels because at lvl 40 they were rivalling the 60s for honour...

Then they got to 60 and proved unstoppable... As more and more alliance got to 60, alliance got worse (go figure :p ) so people became addicted to FAP's, Swift pots etc etc. Caused lots of ill-will etc.

On Aerie's Alliance are more common, horde normally win. Normal servers ftw. (Since I rerolled :p )

Advertisement