Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing moments with mans best friend

Options
  • 20-07-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

I know you guys are all responsible owners, but we all have our bad days when the young dog runs after the jogger, sh*ts in front of the packed pub on a sunny day, cocks his leg on the girl you are chatting up....

I was walking my lab pup years ago on Dollymount beach in Dublin when he spotted a kite in the sky, he was fascinated and looked really funny looking up at it with the tail going ninety.

The kite came to a gentle landing right beside it and he promtly jumped on it, tore it to shreds and presented it to me like any good gundog should.

I had to go home and come back with money for the kid, he was with his dad and they were really nice about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

How about an over-enthusiastic little Terrier creeping up the INSIDE of a total stranger's (woman, of course:o ) jumper while being petted :eek:

Embarrassing or what?

She took it in good humour, though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

A very badly treated rescue biting one of my teachers in the street.

Don't bother with the lectures, I was a kid and the dog had only just come to us for fostering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

RandomOne wrote:
    A very badly treated rescue biting one of my teachers in the street.

Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Belle_Morte

Years ago, the father of the lad I was dating was introduced to my parents for the first time. Imagine my embarrassment when our spaniel decided to make love to his leg :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

How many do you want? :D

Tara, BC, she presented a builder here with a (dirty) bra of mine. He was walking around with it hanging out of his back pocket til I copped on to it...

Slobberchops, DDB, pinning my vet against a wall and growling at her just after I told her what a nice dog he was.

Bogey, APBT, leting out an almighty fart while I was giving a lecture on animal welfare in the local community hall...

Sally, RW x GSD, scaring Gardai half to death after he stopped me on the road, not realising that my car was a left hand drive. he kept knocking on the window and then bend down to see why he wasn't getting a response. He stared into the face of a not so happy dog :D. Never seen a face go so white so fast :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Meeting my then boyfriends parents for the first night and his massive dog decided he liked me. Knocked me to the floor and starting having his fun! I was mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

Two recent incidents:

The wife and I talking to a neighbour, Monty our jack Russell sniffing about promptly cocks his leg up against her (neighbour’s) leg. God that was a terrible moment!:eek:

Then we discovered when talking to another neighbour that one of our cats named Beetle, has been sleeping in various neighbours cars during the day if the leave their windows down.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

One christmas day my (now deceased) family dog came running down the garden with a massive cooked turkey in her mouth. She has stolen it from the Nursing Home up the road. It was Christmas day and the turkey was nearly the same size as her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

our old collie had a penchant for jumping our 8 foot stone wall whenever he felt like a bit of action. Once himself and his lady friend made their way to the grounds of our local national school, and went for it outside my little sisters classroom window! how embarassing was that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

how about biting your suitor's jeans and pulling him with all his might out of the door?..and yet you liked this man so much...:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement