Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike rack (not to car)

Options
  • 20-07-2006 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Our boss has agreed that the bikes are not safe on the premises and has agreed to get a some one in who would install a rack to the wall or ground. Does anyone have a clue to where to go for such a service?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

When getting the rack installed, try and get the 'n' shaped racks rather than the quadrant ones because they are easier on wheels!
    http://www.falco.nl/uk/producten.php?productgroep_id=1&productsoort_id=1&product_id=16#null

As for getting on, Im not sure where you would get them in Ireland.
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

halfords coolock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Cycle SuperStore in Tallaght has a selection of racks. These are for storing bikes indoors.

This Gist Storage Rack for 4 bikes sounds interesting. e40. You hang the bikes from their wheels.
    The Minoura bike stand is more expensive at e150 but supports the bikes by the crossbar. This holds 2 bikes and is e37.50 for a bracket for another bike.

In East Point Business Park we have those low profile ones that I think randomname2005 is referring to. I simply park my rear wheel to the side of the wheel slot so that it leans against it rather than putting my wheel into the slot and becoming an iffy lever.

How many bikes are we talking about? Does your boss want to put bikes outside?
    Dublin City Council might have advice, as might Dublin Cycling Campaign. Some interesting racks at BikeParking.com. BikeUp has European office.
    If I was in the office today I'd look up the name of the installer of our rack - it's on the side of it somewhere.

Advertisement