Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else getting nervous about results??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Naikon wrote:
    Myself or anyone i knew in third year to this day have never got them mailed out to us:mad:
    mine was mailed out to me at like the end of 4th year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I will be up at 9am at my schools gates!!

For my jc results my english teacher at the time told me "you did very well in getting that B" thing is I hadnt opened my envelope because I didnt wat to open it in front of all my hole year inside the gym. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

eamoss wrote:
    I will be up at 9am at my schools gates!!

For my jc results my english teacher at the time told me "you did very well in getting that B" thing is I hadnt opened my envelope because I didnt wat to open it in front of all my hole year inside the gym. :rolleyes:

I hate that the teachers know our results, I wish they were private!

And I will definately be going to the school to collect mine, I don't think I could wait while everyone else has their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Will the teachers know our results before us like the JC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yes. When you get your results they'll be in little sealed envelopes with your names on it. Makes you think, "Oh, I'm the first one to see this." 'Cept the school got them all in a big ol envelope, sorted them, recorded them, put them in envelopes and put your name on them. So they know before you, and if you decide not to tell anyone. Hell, you can never open the gorram envelop at all and they'll still know. Yay privacy.

• Advertisement

According to my careers teacher, the only ppl to see my results be for I do is my career teacher & the headmaster. But then once they have put them all into envelopes they have another sheet with just our exams numbers on it & our results and they till start puttin our results into the schools computer so that the teacher can see them and for future ref.

Se&#225 wrote: »
    well look all of you have it easy. our headmaster literally shouts the points at you as you're walking up to the school. he did it to all of them last year. albeit there is only around 23 of us in our year but still... privacy is the issue. i know he (my cuz) was hoping for over 400 and got a hundred less and he was really dissapointed.. and then the head master just shouted it out on front of everyone. such a bastard!

I wud h8 that, but its just like my construction teacher for the last 6 yrs any time we did a test he wud shout out our results like "Tim O'Tool 40%" in a donegal accent of course, He did it in Tech Drawing too!!. I think it was his way of gettin back at us for everytime we laughed at him when his voice broke in class.

But thank fcuk he isnt giving out our lc results!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I agree that it shud be more private.
    One of my teachers told me that years ago (i'm not sure how long ago), the results were printed in local newspapers for all the public to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

10 days now!!
    I'm dreading going in and getting out cos so many people will be like "wahtcha get" etc and if I'm not happy I'll just feel like crap on my way home and then for the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

10 days now!!
    I'm dreading going in and getting out cos so many people will be like "wahtcha get" etc and if I'm not happy I'll just feel like crap on my way home and then for the whole day.

just don't go in :cool:

if we all boycott the schools, the papers will have nothing to write about and nobody will be singled out for their success. It drives me mad seeing pictures of A1 students flaunting themselves in front of a camera lens with their piece of paper.

• Advertisement

smemon wrote:

if we all boycott the schools, the papers will have nothing to write about and nobody will be singled out for their success. It drives me mad seeing pictures of A1 students flaunting themselves in front of a camera lens with their piece of paper.

and there generally from grind schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

im just gonna do what i did with my junior cert results... get them in the envelope, and get away from the "OHMYGOD!!!!!" screamers, and find a dark corner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

smemon wrote:

It's f u c k i n g annoying so it is:mad: . I agree, no one go in:cool:
    Rockerette wrote:
    im just gonna do what i did with my junior cert results... get them in the envelope, and get away from the "OHMYGOD!!!!!" screamers, and find a dark corner...

I'll probably do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

whassupp2 wrote:
    and there generally from grind schools.
    I'm not from a grind school, but I'd just like to point out "they're" generally not just from grind schools. :)

Anyway, I've forgotten about my results. It occurs to me once every week or so, that's about it... :confused:

cianclarke wrote:
    I'm not from a grind school, but I'd just like to point out "they're" generally not just from grind schools. :)

Anyway, I've forgotten about my results. It occurs to me once every week or so, that's about it... :confused:
    Yes THEY ARE.

There's no grind school in my town, and my school tops the league tables for the county, above Bruce last year as I remember. Maybe in Dublin, Cork, Galway, but it's not the case in the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Rockerette wrote:
    get them in the envelope, and get away from the "OHMYGOD!!!!!" screamers, and find a dark corner...

Same here, it's a good idea, that way if you're disappointed you can just sneak away :D If you're happy, back to your friends and celebrate :D

cianclarke wrote:
    There's no grind school in my town, and my school tops the league tables for the county, above Bruce last year as I remember. Maybe in Dublin, Cork, Galway, but it's not the case in the rest of the country.
    Yes the pictures are generally of students from grind schools. Look in any newspaper over the past few years covering this topic. What you're saying isn't related to the point Whassup2 made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

I cant wait. On the 1st of Aug I just thought, Results out soon!!
    Anyone any more gossip on the marking schemes???
    So far Ive gathered that theyve made History harder b/c theres loads of A grades(terrible cos I did badly), that theyve halved the markes for Sec.5 on the French Listening(wudn't be surprised), and that loads of ppl did HonsMaths badly(hopefully itll be marked easier, cos I did really well on that one). Then one guy said theyre marking English hard and another said theyre marking English easy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

yeah, jus check online

Im not arsed really

worked for 6 years for them tests, so wana see what the damage is

I dont understand why anyone would be nervous, even if ye fail the thing,

PI55UP!

• Advertisement

cianclarke wrote:

there, their, they're......same difference. we're finished skoool now.:D :D:D

True, I just wanted to nitpick... :D

NINE DAYS TO GO!

thats about 746000 seconds from the time of this post till 9 am on wed week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Where did you hear about the marking schemes changing? That isn't great for me as I am kinda banking on a good grade in history because i felt so good coming out of the exam.. I loved that paper!

English is always marked really fairly i think, not easy nor hard, so i will accept it anyway.
    The marking schemes always change, they aren't drawn up until after the exam has been completed that year and the difficulty level of that year's exam has been gauged. Maths for example was really poorly attempted this year (according to a corrector I know) so the scheme was adjusted to be less harsh. It works the other way too.

But anyway, back on topic... w00t! Results almost here! Hopefully I won't go insane before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ballyarse

but if the marking schemes change what about the students papers who were already corrected... it would be unfair if they were marked harder or easier...?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

ballyarse wrote:
    but if the marking schemes change what about the students papers who were already corrected... it would be unfair if they were marked harder or easier...?????
    That is to say, the marking schemes change from year to year, not within the same year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not ENTIRELY true. They have a first draft of the scheme, which they use to guage the results. If they fit the curve, they stick with the original. If they don't, they make up a new draft. There's only a few papers corrected on the first draft, so it's not really unfair.

(The above is only afaik, it may be wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Ya, my Econ teacher told us when they change it they have to go back and remark papers.

Edit:
    Oh and when you look at ur scripts and u see the marking scheme, and theres a mistake or sumthin unfair in it for whatever reason, if u appeal, they will use the original marking scheme b/c it was used for the other students(even if its wrong, which is unlikely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Like, omg, theres like 5 and a half days left oO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Can't bloody wait.

Advertisement