Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else getting nervous about results??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'm feeling oddly optimistic. 3 months of managing to stay pessimistic and expect the worse, and then starting yesterday I've been looking forward to them. My head is messed up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

stop fussing over it :rolleyes: oh wow, a little sheet of paper has my legs trembling :rolleyes:

get on with it, nothing to see here, it's all over.... has been since june.

p.s. if anyone wishes me good luck, i wish to donate that luck to my new website: theleavingcert.com :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

My dad was just telling me that there was a piece in the Times today that 50 students won't be getting their results tomorrow due to suspected cheating. It didn't say where though.

I bet it's YOU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Rob30888 wrote:
    My dad was just telling me that there was a piece in the Times today that 50 students won't be getting their results tomorrow due to suspected cheating. It didn't say where though.

I bet it's YOU.
    Are the results delivered to some schools today and some tomorrow morning? coz apparently my old school already has them, but i know that they're only arriving tomorrow morning in the school i did my leaving in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

16 Hours Bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Are the results delivered to some schools today and some tomorrow morning? coz apparently my old school already has them, but i know that they're only arriving tomorrow morning in the school i did my leaving in

I'm not too sure, I'd have assumed they all arrived tomorrow... They showed a picture in the Independent (where that piece was actually from) of the sorting centre in Athlone, after which they're sent out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

smemon wrote:
    stop fussing over it :rolleyes: oh wow, a little sheet of paper has my legs trembling :rolleyes:

get on with it, nothing to see here, it's all over.... has been since june.

p.s. if anyone wishes me good luck, i wish to donate that luck to my new website: theleavingcert.com :D

In fairness, for a lot of people, they are rather important. Obviously there's nothing you can do now, but to say that that should mean that there's no point in being nervous is stupid. Many people will feel they got in and around the points they need for their course, or were in and around failing, or getting the A1 they need - that sheet of paper will relieve a lot of tension for most people.

Fair enough, if it doesn't matter to you then that's grand, but a lot of people put a lot of work into the Leaving Cert and they'll find out tomorrow if it's paid off. Again, I know you're only trying to seem hip and uncaring, but you must admit it's understandable that people would fuss over the results.

Good luck to your website anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

I'm just want them now. So near yet so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

T-14.5 hours!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I wanna click my fingers and it been morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Chill... Chill..

Prison break should be sav tonight. Might go to a free gaff after.. Jus think of it like any other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Yes cnt wait for prison break itl take my mind of tngs!30 mins to dt den!ahhhhhh anyone elses heart beatin in der throat?nd der tummy flippin up and down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

ahh prison break... :) wentworth miller should be a distraction for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

right now.. I'm cool.

Yeah and it's a double bill.. how are they gonna get outta that room. Do you reckon if that gaurd comes in they'll like kill him? Also.. u know the smaller, fatter secret agent that was shot by his superior in the alley, whats gonna happen there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

For some reason it just doesn't feel like we're getting them tomorow... :eek:

It's too quiet out there I tell ya :p Maybe the tension...
    I wanna click my fingers and it been morning!
    Me tooo me tooo.....

ThrownAway wrote:
    For some reason it just doesn't feel like we're getting them tomorow... :eek:

It's too quiet out there I tell ya :p Maybe the tension...

Me tooo me tooo.....

Maybe if we try together

*1 2 3*

click :(

If I manage to pass maths, and get +260 points, I'm gonna dry hump my principal.

Maybe if we try together

*1 2 3*

click :(

If I manage to pass maths, and get +260 points, I'm gonna dry hump my principal.
    Haha :D Well I was just telling my friend if something like tv3 news comes or something I'm going to run up to the camera with my results sheet, smash it into the camera so you can't make it out and scream OMG 600!!!!! Even if I get 90 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I don't know why people get nervous about results, it's when the cao offers are released that you should be bricking yourself. Unless you get 600 points.

ThrownAway wrote:
    Haha :D Well I was just telling my friend if something like tv3 news comes or something I'm going to run up to the camera with my results sheet, smash it into the camera so you can't make it out and scream OMG 600!!!!! Even if I get 90 :p

lol, I like it!

I doubt any tv peps will be near my school though.......

damn it! I wont be able to sleep.

Who wants to stay up aslong as possible and post on boards? *raises hand* *

*may not happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

What time in the morning are the results released in schools anyway?
    (Some people need to tóg go bog é :P )

• Advertisement

They were at my school last year. I've a feeling they might come to my ''school'' tomorow because it's in the middle of Cork city...

hmmm it's from 9 onwards

I somehow doubt it's a good plan to stay up all night :D Specially cause I've to be up at 7ish :p

ThrownAway wrote:

God that made me laugh :D Will be a kick in the face for the post private schools too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

In fairness, for a lot of people, they are rather important. Obviously there's nothing you can do now, but to say that that should mean that there's no point in being nervous is stupid. Many people will feel they got in and around the points they need for their course, or were in and around failing, or getting the A1 they need - that sheet of paper will relieve a lot of tension for most people.

Fair enough, if it doesn't matter to you then that's grand, but a lot of people put a lot of work into the Leaving Cert and they'll find out tomorrow if it's paid off. Again, I know you're only trying to seem hip and uncaring, but you must admit it's understandable that people would fuss over the results.

Good luck to your website anyway!

yeah they're important and all that but at the end of the day it is just a sheet of paper. You should know roughly what you got and if you wanted 540 points then there's only one person to blame if you didnt get them.

Student's decide the outcome of exams, not examiners.

smemon wrote:
    Student's decide the outcome of exams, not examiners.

That's not an entirely true statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Its really getting to me now. I need very high points and Im constantly going through my different subjects and wondering if I answered a particular question right or not.

shane0312 wrote:
    Its really getting to me now. I need very high points and Im constantly going through my different subjects and wondering if I answered a particular question right or not.

Don't do that! There's no point in thinking about that now, just accept that you did your best. You can't do any more now, just go to sleep :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

T minus 3 hours and counting....

Anyone else get a sleepless night?

Raphael wrote:
    T minus 3 hours and counting....

Anyone else get a sleepless night?

Not as bad as you, but I dreamt of it all night, and woke at 6.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You dreamt about it? Jesus, I'm happier with my sleepless night!

• Advertisement

yeah, dreamt about waking at 11, and freaking out, then some other stuff happened, and I ended up having till wait till after 2PM to get them online :eek:

Advertisement