Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Styles of mens jeans

• 20-07-2006 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone can offer advice. I'm a big chap :) and take a 38" in jeans, trousers etc. Only recently have I learned that the cut of the jeans is as important as the size, which explains why some fit and some most certainly dont.

What is the correct size or style of jeans to go for when you are one of society's bigger creatures?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

I never really regarded a 38" waist as being that big. My brother is regarded as being skinny and he takes a 34. Meh...

I take a 38 too and I like casual cloths more than other kinds so I buy a lot of stuff in surfing shops etc.
    The brands I go for would be Mecca mainly but also Carhartt, Road, Gsus Sindustries and that kind of thing.

You would typically pay between 60 and 100 euro for a pair of jeans from the above manufacturers but the majority are around 75 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Aah, didnt think of surf shops. Must head for temple bar over the weekend.
    Cheers Dermington.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

G Star and Energie too - Best value are O'Connor's on Grafton Street for G Star and BT2 for Energie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It shouldn't really matter about your waist size as all jeans will be modified as the waist size goes up. What I've found is it really depends on your legs and how big your thighs are, if you've quite slim thighs then it won't really matter and a lot of jeans will fit fine as most jeans will be modified to fit as the size goes up.
    You can get loads of loose fitting jeans and cords if you look around, try Tribe, BT2, Gstar, Replay and as was mentioned before theres a load of skate shops / surf shops around that'd do baggier jeans.

Advertisement