Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room rental in Charlesland

Options
  • 20-07-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has rented out a room in their house/apartment in Charlesland. Has it been easy or difficult to find tenants? How much would you expect for a single room?

I'm thinking about renting out a room myself but it's a bit nerve wrecking when you don't know the person. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i got two rented,
    a double room for €400 to a friend
    and a single for €350 to someone off daft.ie
    Be careful because you will get a lot of foreign nationals looking for rooms and some of them are quite dodgy characters!

I put the advertisement on daft for females only and a lot more irish people contacted me, took about 2 weeks to rent...
    Both those prices above a plus utilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Britney

Thanks Matt. I'm quite impressed that you got the single room rented for €350. I wasn't sure it would fetch that much given that greystones is a bit far out from town. I think that Daft will be the best bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

When I moved in a year ago I had a double room let out 450per mth plus bills easily enough on Daft. Recently she had to move (work) real shame perfect lodger and I tried to get someone again but after a few weirdos rang, i gave up but will try again, enjoying the space! It is nerve wrecking at the begining. I advertised for females only and the majority of calls where from men ?!?!?! But Daft is your best bet.

Tips: ALWAYS have someone with you in the house when anyone is calling to have a look and before offering the room ask for a work & previous landlord references.

PS If your looking for easy rental money Dun Laoghaire College of Art have a register they give out to Students 80pwk B&B Mon - Fri only! they also do full board

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Matt -- a lot of us foreign nationals are your neighbours now - should we be careful about renting our rooms out to dodgy Irish people, or just to people like us?

(Obviously you're not thinking them dodgy just because they are foreign.....sure yer not)

no myperfect cousin i have other reasons

• Advertisement

@ MyPerfectCousin read it again!
    i got two rented,
    Be careful because you will get a lot of foreign nationals looking for rooms and some of them are quite dodgy characters!

@ MyPerfectCousin read it again!

OK
    Be careful because you will get a lot of foreign nationals looking for rooms

Still sounds like I should be careful of us
    wrote:
    and some of them are quite dodgy characters!

still nothing about looking out for dodgy characters generally, just us pesky foreign divils.

ah stop trying to cause a fight

read it as one sentance, don't break it up and you'll understand what im saying

Matt - Not trying to cause a fight. But as a neighbour of yours, I found your post pretty offensive. Sorry - maybe I should have just said that the first time and been done with it.

ok well let me rephrase it for you since you were offended...

I had a lot of foreign nationals call me, some of them were a bit dodgy.

Any better?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Is there anyone else out there who has rented a room and could advice me on how much to charge for a single bedroom?

Thanks.

Look up daft and see what others are looking for thats what I did

Thanks LMC and for your advice on the college. I think I'll go ahead and do that. Sounds good. :D

Britney I have PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I agree that it is extremely offensive to post a statement like that about foreign nationals. You are being racist by definition.

Matt-Dublin : I'm not interested in creating a fight but your statement is plain offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I agree that it is extremely offensive to post a statement like that about foreign nationals. You are being racist by definition.

Matt-Dublin : I'm not interested in creating a fight but your statement is plain offensive.

I think we have gotten over all that.

Please keep this thread on topic folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I disagree Eoin. If somebody has posted on a public forum I am within my rights to make a point. Please be a moderator not a BB.

I stand by what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I disagree Eoin. If somebody has posted on a public forum I am within my rights to make a point. Please be a moderator not a BB.

I stand by what I said.

And please do NOT tell me how to moderate this forum. This thread is closed as it has gone hopelessly off topic. Any problems with that, send me a PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement