Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sandwich Shop in City Centre?

Options
  • 20-07-2006 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

I nominate the Pig and Heifer on Pearse St.

Man that's some good sandwiches.

Chorizo and Feta. Oh yeah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Dunnes deli counter in their premises on north earl street!

Pig and Heifer is good too and is only round the corner from my house,which is handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Subway....d'uh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I hate subway, scabby sandwiches.
    Quite like kilkenny design opposite trinity, i fully recommend the club sandwich and chips. Its huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

Dunne and Crescenza-Their panini's with melted cheese and sundried tomatoes are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Subway tbh.

Ive been in that kilkenny palce and it wasnt nice at all from waht I remembers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i've been waiting for such a thread...

the best sandwich shop in dublin is in drumcondra. its the little newsagents beside indpendent pizza. its a small family run shop. ALL rolls are €2.50 and all food is fresh. its the kind of shop where they say "will i stick on the kettle there for ya son?"

i've brought two friends with me and both agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

T&#225 wrote: »

the best sandwich shop in dublin is in drumcondra. its the little newsagents beside indpendent pizza. its a small family run shop. ALL rolls are €2.50 and all food is fresh. its the kind of shop where they say "will i stick on the kettle there for ya son?"

This sounds good. I'm partial to the auld home-style touch.

Oh and..... anyone who says Subway does not know their sandwiches and should stay off this thread.

That's right - I am a sandwich facist!

yeah i cant believe people who say subway. sign of the times i suppose.

^Jeff - that place is brilliant. everything is homemade. even the plates that the food sits on, are like plates from the press in their kitchen. and a roll for €2.50, you honestly can not go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

theres a place on abbey street just before the national lottery head quaters called "la croiseantte" (ok excuse the spelling, im interested in the food not the name of the shop :D ) anyway when i was working in busaras i used to drop in there to get a toasted bacon sausage and cheader cheese sandwich. mother of god it was like a cullinary orgasam. two large sausages cut in half to make a bed to but the bacon on and then the cheese is melted onto it while it reheats in the microwave and then is put on the bread which is then toasted infront of you in what looks like a press.
    i keep threatening to go back every now and again but i work too far away from it now. im pretty sure it was under 4 euro too . feck it im going tomorrow, beats the hell out of burger king. thanks for reminding me guys :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

the best sandwich shop in dublin is in drumcondra. its the little newsagents beside indpendent pizza.

Delighted to see this place is still going. It's 20 odd years since I bought a sandwich there, but I used to love it. Pork and Coleslaw - yum. It was the only sandwich shop I've ever seen sliced pork on sale in and their coleslaw was made by themselves, big stringy bits of real cabbage, sliced on the slicer.

Is it still called Paul's?

I might take a wander up there next week for old time's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Snax in the city on anger street, across from DBS...Best rolls ever.

Also like O'Briens, and a spar/centra roll...not a fan of subway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Subway FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

How does one get to the place in Drumcondra...I'm fascinated

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go up to the top of Parnell Square, turn right onto Dorset Street.

Keep walking, or driving straight out, and once you cross over the canal, it is on your left just before you come to the railway bridge (and Drumcondra train station). It's not that far of a walk - 15 mins at the most.

It's a little bit before where Clonliffe Road joins Drumcondra Road. Buses - 3, 16, 16a, any of the airport buses.

re drumcondra:

yeah the place is open about 20+ years. my mams friend use to go there when she was a kid and the same people worked there. they don't just make there own coleslaw, they make their own egg mayo, potato salad and salad mix. i wouldnt be suprised if they baked their own bread. i got a roll there on saturday and it was top notch. glad to see this shop is dominating this thread.

^^directions are pretty spot on. i dont think its called Pauls, i think its called Delicatessen.

oh and to maximise the pleasure when turn right at independance pizza and there is two bench's to sit on for immeadiate eating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Jaysus I just walked past there everyday when in College, must try it out in September :cool:

Cheers.......

YAY for the old fashioned roll shop!!!

Subway...PAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

That place in Drumcondra is great. City centre wise though I like Pig and Heifer on Amiens Street and at the top of Harcourt Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

atm subway ftw tbh

:cool:

Advertisement