Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunn O)))

• 20-07-2006 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Nearly **** myself when I saw this:
    SUNN 0))) - 4xLP WHITE BOX SET
    After over a year of getting this all together its finally available!! All the material from the White1 and White2 albums + a bonus track all on vinyl. We have hand-assembled (450) of these box sets. Each White box has a hand-developed, hand-numbered photograph of sunn 0))) that is framed onto the front of the box. It is sealed with a special gold ink on white vinyl sticker that has the credits and track-listing.

Inside each box is the following vinyl each inside its own thick color innersleeve that has the credits/lyrics/photos etc..:

* White 1 album Sides A and B : WHITE VINYL
    * White 1 album Sides C and D: WHITE VINYL EXCLUSIVE BONUS TRACK : CUT WOOD(ED) a collaboration with ULVER
    * White 2 album Sides A and B: WHITE VINYL
    * White 2 album Sides C and D: PICTURE DISC LP (stark images of White2 collaborator: Attila Csihar on both sides), with both versions of "DECAY"
    * sunn 0))) "card"

This box set is available exclusively via Southern Lord online only. This is a one of a kind item that we have all (southern lord and sunn) put alot of time, care and energy into.

North America: $77.77
    Europe: $95
    Pacific Rim: $98

*please limit one per customer

wbsticker.jpgwbox.jpgwbcontents.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I wouldn't pay that much for them, but I can see these going for insane amounts of money on eBay in years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I bought one, I really want these albums on vinyl and you'd pay more for one of them off ebay than you would for this box set (and this has an extra side of music) so I gave into the record collecting demons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Charm Offensive

Sunn O))) give me nightmares :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sounds fascinating! Am I the only one who looked at the rpice and though "not as bad as I'd've thought?"

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Sounds fascinating! Am I the only one who looked at the rpice and though "not as bad as I'd've thought?"

No because I thought that and hit the order button! :D

Although from what I've read they're packaging them up pretty cheaply for shipping and a lot of them are arriving damaged :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i prefer Black One, but still, wish i had the money to afford this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wow nice, good buy. :)
    I love Sunn o)))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Ooooh, I'm so very tempted. I'd probably never play it, but oh so tempted, especially for DECAY 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

For those interested, Sunn o))) are scheduled as playing Cork on tickets.ie, no mention of a Dublin date though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

I had the pleasure/disgust of seeing them live. They played one chord for an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds about right, hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

nosmo wrote:
    For those interested, Sunn o))) are scheduled as playing Cork on tickets.ie, no mention of a Dublin date though :/

Class! Looking forward to seeing them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

nosmo wrote:

I'm now tempted to travel...

Apparently they're playing Dublin (Crawdaddy), Galway and Belfast too! If they are I'm going to head to Dublin and Belfast. Saw them at Whelans the last time and they were incredible. Absolutely stunning live band.

And in related news, my White Box is sitting on my bed waiting to be cracked open and played :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

How's Crawdaddy on ID?

I don't know, I don't think I've ever been asked for ID for a gig there. If it comes to it I'll sneak you in under my coat.

Oh and for fans of both Sunn O))) and Boris, click here and **** yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Any time I see this god-damn band name I think "What's so big about Sunn amps all of a sudden?!"

Funnily enough, since Sunn O))) got really trendy last year the price of Model T Sunn amps have been going up and up and up as everyone wants to be in a hip doom band now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I've never heard the band myself, it's just really confusing because I know someone who has one and I was wondering why people were using O)) at the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

John wrote:
    Apparently they're playing Dublin (Crawdaddy), Galway and Belfast too! If they are I'm going to head to Dublin and Belfast. Saw them at Whelans the last time and they were incredible. Absolutely stunning live band.

And in related news, my White Box is sitting on my bed waiting to be cracked open and played :D
    Thing is there seems to be no tickets up for it...

• Advertisement

Not yet but give it time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

John wrote:
    Oh and for fans of both Sunn O))) and Boris, click here and **** yourself.

Cool, I've been waiting for this for quite a while. Not a huge fan of 'Pink', but this should be bally fantastic. Pretty funny to see Boris in those fetching robes.

John wrote:
    Not yet but give it time
    It was put up a while ago on their site and taken down again, so I'm confused.
    I think they will come though. He updates his page like every day, so I'll look.

Advertisement